Confirmed with Link: Dadonov (50% retained) to Stars in exchange for Gurianov

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm not Kent Hughes, but I am 100% certain that he does not give 2 shits about a player wearing a pride jersey for warmups. If he feels that Gurianov is the best option, he'll keep him. If he feels that the spot should go to a kid, Gury is gone.

Perhaps you took my tone the wrong way, but as a sensible poster, you know what I'm saying is true.

I think exactly what I posted... This situation won't help the possibility of extension.

To claim 100% certainty that it will have no effect is mistaking opinion for fact... & Ignores the reality that with all roster decisions, more than the immediate on-ice performance is factored in to the roster decision making. This group has already demonstrated that clearly.

Unless you're Ken, your opinion is just that, opinion ;)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I think exactly what I posted... This situation won't help the possibility of extension.

To claim 100% certainty that it will have no effect is mistaking opinion for fact... & Ignores the reality that with all roster decisions, more than the immediate on-ice performance is factored in to the roster decision making. This group has already demonstrated that clearly.

Esp. concerning Molson.

Reactions: Miller Time

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

I agree with you 100%. I'm sure there would have been some internal debate on whether the Habs should try to extend the talented but enigmatic Gurianov (at less than a Qualifying Offer rate) for MSL to work with for a full year. Gurianov's warm-up jersey decision will make it an easier decision to close the book and say goodbye. Geoff Molson is still rattled over the backlash from the Mailloux draft pick.

I wouldn’t qualify him.
I don't think the Habs were going to qualify him even before Gurianov's warm-up jersey decision but there was still a possibility before yesterday that they might try to extend him for one year at a lesser rate.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Reminds me of a time me and my friends and I went to a public skate a few years ago. At the center of the rink there was this Jeff Skinner looking guy (also named Jeff funnily enough) who was absolutely killing it on power turns and backwards crossovers. We got to talking and it turned out he played hockey as well. We planned a pickup game later that day, and one of my friends (lets call him Brad) started saying "hey Jeff, we have a pickup game later today, you should join us". Thankfully he was only halfway done with that sentence before a woke Samaritan like Naslundforever (maybe it was him) sped across the rink and frantically cut Brad off. He knew Jeff and frantically screamed out that Jeff was a homosexual who has sex with other men, and we were being extremely bigoted and homophobic by not acknowledging and addressing him properly. Thankfully he had the proper attire required just for such situations - a glittering rainbow jersey and some pink pom poms, and explained to us the right way to do it. We had the DJ play Lady Gaga's born this way and took turns putting on the flamingo like outfit and skating around Jeff saying "hey Jeff, we would like to invite you, a homosexual who has sex with other men, to our pickup hockey game. Hockey is for everyone!TM". After we finished with a group applause Jeff seemed a little taken aback and left in a hurry.I guess he was so used to the usual homophobia he experienced when being invited to hockey games he internalized it a little bit and was taken aback by our tolerance and inclusivity. To this day I shudder that how close Brad was to crossing that line into ignorant homophobia.

Explain it to me like im 5

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
The gf and I are financially secure so bad example, although I understand your point.

The most chill way I can put it is that things don’t always have to work out.

I am trying to think of an equivalent scenario where I go to russia and refuse to salute the soldier singing the anthem for example or stay in the room for it and then hop on the powerplay. Feels like I would not belong there.

Your ideology does not account for idiots or jerks. Calling out the shit bits in society is how we evolve. « Free to be racist or homophobic » is not a thing.

I get it but your definition of an idiot or a jerk is subjective. My commentary is more about simply calling someone an idiot or a jerk because they hold a different view.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He played a good game tonight I thought.

Our most dangerous forward outside of the first line, and he was playing with Drouin and Gallagher.

But yeah, hard to find a less physical player. Even Armia throws more hits.
Umm. Less physical player? I present to you the king of all less physical players - un bon pti’ gars d’chez nous - Jonathan Drouin!!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Umm. Less physical player? I present to you the king of all less physical players - un bon pti’ gars d’chez nous - Jonathan Drouin!!!

Can't argue with that. If you blow on Gurianov, he doesn't instantaneously cough up the puck. But he doesn't throw hits when he doesn't have the puck.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I wouldn’t qualify him.
Better to keep him and unload him at the deadline for a pick. Too many wasted opportunities with Drouin, Byron, Edmundson, Allen, etc. Terrible asset management by previous management.

Can't argue with that. If you blow on Gurianov, he doesn't instantaneously cough up the puck. But he doesn't throw hits when he doesn't have the puck.
He's probably 10x better than Armia.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I'm not Kent Hughes, but I am 100% certain that he does not give 2 shits about a player wearing a pride jersey for warmups. If he feels that Gurianov is the best option, he'll keep him. If he feels that the spot should go to a kid, Gury is gone.

Perhaps you took my tone the wrong way, but as a sensible poster, you know what I'm saying is true.
Matthews, Ovechkin and other major scorers can get away with being terrible people and still get paid. Marginal players generally can’t. If a star is a headache the coach and GM will work around it. Easily replaceable players will be replaced.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Matthews, Ovechkin and other major scorers can get away with being terrible people and still get paid. Marginal players generally can’t. If a star is a headache the coach and GM will work around it. Easily replaceable players will be replaced.
Agree 100%. Which is why I think my original comment may have been misunderstood.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I think Richard deserves a look. He will bring more than what Gurianov is bringing, that's for sure.

Reactions: 1909

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Richard deserves a look. He will bring more than what Gurianov is bringing, that's for sure.

With Gurianov, it was never about what he's bringing now. It's about whether you think MSL can take his overall game to another level.

Imo Dvo on the wing would bring more. But not sure they'll try it.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
With Gurianov, it was never about what he's bringing now. It's about whether you think MSL can take his overall game to another level.

Imo Dvo on the wing would bring more. But not sure they'll try it.
I get that but I think they may have seen enough. I could be wrong though. I think Richard might bring more.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I get that but I think they may have seen enough. I could be wrong though. I think Richard might bring more.
I think you might be right that they may have seen enough and that Richard could possibly bring more.

What we know for sure is Gurianov's game needs a lot of work. What we don't know for sure is whether MSL has thrown in the towel or wants to keep "digging into his game", as he put it. I would suspect they're done. But given Farrell needs AHL time, Hughes said they'll not sign any ufa vets in the offseason, and Hoffman and Armia are for sure not part of the future, I think there's room on the roster to experiment with Gurianov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad