Speculation: Dach's future with the Hawks: WWYD?

If you're Davidson, what do you do with Dach?

• Keep him and hope he turns it around

Votes: 62 95.4%
  • Trade him this summer

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Selling low is almost always a bad idea, and it’s not like we’re going anywhere soon. Bring him back on a 2-3 year deal with hopeful coaching stability and hope he redevelops. Worst case scenario, he helps our tank for the next couple years.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Got to keep him. He's young, was rushed into the league and had an injury that slowed his development. You'd be selling low on an asset that very realistically could turn it around.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
It would be idiotic to give up on him at this point....as someone else mentioned, you would be selling low......let him Reichel and Strome spend a summer on protein drinks and lifting weights and see what they look like next year.....that said, he doesn't seem to excel at any one particular aspect of the game and, right now, has some glaring weaknesses....so I get the post, but just think its premature.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I’d obviously like to see what a real NHL coaching staff can do with him.

That said, I still think we’ll look back at his career with the Hawks and say ‘bust’

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Unless a deal comes around which the 'hawks can't afford to pass up, I think you sign him to a cheap 1 year "Show me" contract and put the onus on him to progress.

Reactions: Backyard Hockey

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Keep him for next year then we will see most likely what he is as a player. There are no excuses for not performing next year and only one direction to go and that is up (hopefully). Right now he is just a plug at best. Nothing to his game that makes you go wow.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
It's unfortunate this board doesn't let you see who voted and how they voted.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t understand the point of this thread. What would be the reasoning behind trading him? I diddnt even know that was something on anyones mind here.

There’s no logical explanation for a rebuilding team to sell low on a 21 year old.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I don’t understand the point of this thread. What would be the reasoning behind trading him? I diddnt even know that was something on anyones mind here.

There’s no logical explanation for a rebuilding team to sell low on a 21 year old.
The thread was started by the same guy who campaigned hard for trading DeBrincat when he was struggling.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I learned from that.

I'm legitimately surprised by the results of the poll. So much complaining but everyone still thinks that they should keep Dach. Kwitcherbitchen then.
So you don't think it's possible for people to be disappointed in his current performance, and still realize his upside is greater than his current trade value?

It's pretty normal for hockey fans to complain when they feel a player isn't performing as expected. That doesn't automatically mean they think he should be traded.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
So you don't think it's possible for people to be disappointed in his current performance, and still realize his upside is greater than his current trade value?

It's pretty normal for hockey fans to complain when they feel a player isn't performing as expected. That doesn't automatically mean they think he should be traded.
Nobody's happy with Dach's performance but it's too early to be making grand declarations about his career. Too much impatience.

There's too many people who are quick to write him off. The rebuild will drive those folks crazy. I think a certain poster in particular was probably one that thought that Keith wasn't an NHL player at one point.

The Hawks are in a rebuild. They can afford to give Dach the leash to see if he can turn it around.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Nobody's happy with Dach's performance but it's too early to be making grand declarations about his career. Too much impatience.

There's too many people who are quick to write him off. The rebuild will drive those folks crazy. I think a certain poster in particular was probably one that thought that Keith wasn't an NHL player at one point.

The Hawks are in a rebuild. They can afford to give Dach the leash to see if he can turn it around.
If youre not happy with Dachs performance and can come to this conclusion on your own, why are you surprised that just about everyone has no interest in trading him?

Reactions: Giovi

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
if Philly could find an interested party with Nolan Patrick then the Hawks should be able to as well, IDK if a Cody Glass type return is really an enticing move for Hawks to move on from Kirby

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If youre not happy with Dachs performance and can come to this conclusion on your own, why are you surprised that just about everyone has no interest in trading him?
Because of the comments in the gamethreads.

Instead of stuff like "Dach has disappointed so far, hopefully he figures it out." You have people declaring him a bust, and saying that he'll never amount to anything. If that's the case, wouldn't you want to cut your losses and move on? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad