Da Beauty League

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well I'd image that they would like to have families/fans (specifically families/fans who can't afford to go see an NHL game for price reasons) come out and watch. It might not be a huge TV draw, but I'm sure this could pull a bit of gate revenue. Nothing over the tops but maybe a charity type thing like someone else mentioned.

Da Beauty League has to be the most *****ebag sounding league possible though. Its the *****ebag culture of hockey all thrown into a name.
It is for charity its one of the main reasons it got started.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's for charity. It's for fun. It's not done at 100% effort.

The less scrutiny hyper analysis the better.

Let the guys have their "break".

It's a really cool event.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t get what you’re saying. Is it even supposed to be marketed? Do they care about the potential of the league? It’s a summer hockey league for fun.
Exactly. This is a relaxed way for pro players to get their hands back during the summer, not a business out to make money. It takes place 5 minutes away from my house. I can hop down, pay $5, and see some NHL'ers. Free for kids. Players and fans are all relaxed, but it's not a joke league. Players want to get better, and this is one way they do it.

Reactions: SoCalFan

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
DBL started as low key thing for a bunch of guys who trained together in Minnesota. John Scott drama was somehow impetus for the naming of the thing. They added sponsors and chairties later. it was just an informal group of guys training together at the start--nothing that was intended to be marketed. it just ended up more interesting to fans than they thought it would be. so bitch about an organically grown, just shitting around hockey tourney for being less marketting savvy i guess. the cynic in me would much rather follow something like this than some dumbass league packaged and marketed with a target. This, no doubt, is much more fun to participate in than something with a strict, targeted mission. More fun, less job.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
seriously the name wasn't supposed to be hardcore hockey ghetto or anything--they were just making fun of John Scott (with his permission and approval).

Reactions: iamjs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad