Confirmed with Link: D Yevgeni Medvedev signed [Reported 1yr, $3mil] May 2015

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Yeah I'd say he's not coming back

Sam Carchidi
‏@BroadStBull
Flyers' Medvedev charged w driving under influence, possession of controlled substance & use or possess. of drug paraphernalia. 6/15 hearing

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well that'll end his NHL stint.

It'll also be rather interesting to find out what was going on, for how long, and if that factored into his playing time.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Probably resorted to drugs to cope with Manning playing over him.

The only way to cope with having to sit next to Umberger in the press box every night

1439179875288141204.gif

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Meltzer today in his HB Blog commented on the unusual manner he was acting after practice while he was aware that he was again going to be a scratch in the next game... I have to wonder if his attitude had anything to do with any possible substances he may have been using.

I don't know if his uneven play was a result of anything taken... or if the coaches merely detected something awry in him... but, if he was on anything while on duty, I wouldn't imagine he would be able to be at his best on a consistent basis.

One has to wonder if he was using while in the the KHL... and if so, how he was able to function as well as he did... and also how it was not detected by he Flyers Scouts prior to signing him.

In any case, I'd have to imagine that any off chance of his being either re-signed or signed as a UFA in the NHL has to be completely gone now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You want to know how it wasn't detected by the Flyer scouts?

Well because they don't follow players around all day long... if it's not something obvious during games there's no way to know...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Unless he was a complete addict it would have been hard to detect. The NHL's drug testing policy is a joke.

You're kidding yourself if you think there isn't a lot players in the NHL (some even on the Flyers) that use drugs recreational.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
You want to know how it wasn't detected by the Flyer scouts?

Well because they don't follow players around all day long... if it's not something obvious during games there's no way to know...

Unless he was a complete addict it would have been hard to detect. The NHL's drug testing policy is a joke.

You're kidding yourself if you think there isn't a lot players in the NHL (some even on the Flyers) that use drugs recreational.

What I was trying to say was that if he had a problem in the KHL, it is a wonder how it was not detected there... and picked up by our scouts in their chats with people who'd give them inside information.

Also I stated that I wondered how it didn't impact his play in Europe, which was of high quality... I suppose I'm thinking that maybe the problem may not have become a real problem until he came here... where it either became much worse or maybe became a problem.

I'm aware that the Flyers' and other Organization's Scouts cannot and do not tail the Players... and that such concerns fly under the radar even in the NHL... But I honestly feel that much that is heard in rumors -- such as with another alluded to player in this thread -- is kept under covers, while it is pretty much common knowledge among those in the inner circles in the bowels of the NHL.

If he did have such bad habits in the past, it obviously was not to the extent that the Flyers would have known... There is a good chance, I suppose, it arose while in his current environment... or not; WTF knows?

Just bouncing around thoughts on something that is no longer much of our Organization's concern.

MrMajestyk

Oct 12, 2013
I promise next time that I will follow proper emoticon procedures. I will not fail you!

:sarcasm:

Please don't. Obvious sarcasm is obvious, and when peeps are completely oblivious humor factor increases exponentially.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Please don't. Obvious sarcasm is obvious, and when peeps are completely oblivious humor factor increases exponentially.

Please educate yourself, Dude... The internet is not like audio or visual communication where voice inflection and/or facial expression is all telling and a major component of getting points across in a proper manner.

If a person reads written words and may not have all the facts either at hand or has a momentary lapse where it is not totally clear... or the reader cannot be 100% sure the writer is joking -- and doesn't want to assume anything -- the use of an Emoticon can and will denote the emotion and aid to convey what was intended.

... Please forgive this "oblivious" fool for not remembering that the person mentioned had drug problems and concerns... and a quick search of his bio did not tie him in to this locality nor Medvedev/the Flyers any other manner... thus my (to you) stupid question was asked.

again: :sueme:

EDIT: This, my friend, is why the brilliant Internet Generation Minds devised Emoticons... and why it is so universally accepted and used in these Forums.

:shakehead

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Medvedev has to be the biggest disappointment this season, he had a solid start, then went downhill. With his size, skating ability, offensive chops and experience, he should have steadily progressed as the season went along and he got used to the NHL.

We'll probably find out what happened after he's released and the stories leak to the press.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I just hope this failed experiment doesn't deter Hextall from dipping into that league again.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Lol, bro, your sarcasm detector needs an upgrade.

:laugh: Hey what happened to him got lost in all that was going on... I quickly refreshed my memory of who he was through Google... and only read the basic who he was and what he does part... I didn't see any connection. Of course if I wanted to spend more time on it, it would have came back to me... but I didn't.

It all happens to the best of us one time or another... that that was my time. haha

My sarcasm and my schit detectors are both actually in well working order... when I take the time to use them.
(((COUGHCOUGHwishIhadnotoriginallyrespondedCOUGHCOUGH)))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad