D Ryker Evans - Regina Pats, WHL (2021, 35th, SEA)

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
what is he projected as in the NHL? A puck-moving 2nd pairing dman that gets some time on the PP?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
There it is, 70 points... that's just crazy. 1+1 in game 7 (so far)
His team has 2 goals going into game 7 OT tonight and he scored the first and assisted the 2nd. He is obviously a big-game player as the other top scoring D for his team (regular season) has plummeted while Evans has excelled in the playoffs.

This player has become too good for the AHL.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
In 2020 Draft, 61 defensemen got drafted, Ryker was not one of them.

Not that Ryker destroyed the WHL in his draft season; but at least he did score decent numbers
Ryker scored 7 goals and 31 points with 81 penalty minutes in 63 games.

From 2020 Draft eligible d-men who got drafted, over half* who weren't better, were much worse what Ryker at their 19-20 draft seasons
or if was better, only marginally --- and i know that points are not everything but still, there were many that didn't deserve
to get drafted over Ryker Evans in 2020. (from all rounds)

In 2021 Draft, when he did got drafted, from defensemen he went 10th

* i checked every eligible player and started to make a list but it took too long, so i deleted it.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Here’s actually a player whose counting stats that get George all hot and bothered and the advanced metrics line-up. It’s why I though Evans was an awesome pick even though he was an overager few had heard of. His WHL analytics were insanely good - like basically best analytics of any blueliner in the CHL good.

Combine that with his skating, offensive instincts and toughness and just this continued growth trajectory and some real signs he’s a guy who just gets better when the stakes get higher - I honestly think Evans absolutely deserves to be pretty high on any league wide top prospect list, even though he will still show up on none most likely. He’s not big but he’s a lock in my mind be a top-4 blueliner in the NHL at some point and I’m not even positive that’s the absolute cap.

He’s a real blue chip asset this point, IMO. The AHL is not an easy league and he’s absolutely crushing it as a rookie.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Here’s actually a player whose counting stats that get George all hot and bothered and the advanced metrics line-up. It’s why I though Evans was an awesome pick even though he was an overager few had heard of. His WHL analytics were insanely good - like basically best analytics of any blueliner in the CHL good.

Combine that with his skating, offensive instincts and toughness and just this continued growth trajectory and some real signs he’s a guy who just gets better when the stakes get higher - I honestly think Evans absolutely deserves to be pretty high on any league wide top prospect list, even though he will still show up on none most likely. He’s not big but he’s a lock in my mind be a top-4 blueliner in the NHL at some point and I’m not even positive that’s the absolute cap.

He’s a real blue chip asset this point, IMO. The AHL is not an easy league and he’s absolutely crushing it as a rookie.

To my mind he should absolutely be ranked not much lower than Hughes / Edvinsson / Jiricek / Nemec / Mintyukov. I would have Ryker Evans ahead of Clarke, Korchinski, and Mateychuk.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
For those who have watched Evans this season, how has he looked?

I know he was close to making Seattle out of camp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad