LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Söderström is a better prospect but you can't draw any conclusions from this tournament. Broberg was never given a chance.
Söderström has played top4 in shl for 20 games now. Brynas coach did not understand why he was left home.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Söderström has played top4 in shl for 20 games now. Brynas coach did not understand why he was left home.

Söderström should have been on that team, no question. It doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Age is a huge factor. Don't think Broberg would have stood out in a good way with more ice time but he was never given a chance to prove himself. Meanwhile, Filip Westerlund played big minutes all tournament and he's not even playing regular shifts in the SHL as a 19 year old.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Got limited playing time but didnt show anything when he played. Victor Söderström is honestly the better prospect.

I do not agree, he was good when he got to play and you can see the tools. But he played to little.

Söderström could have been in the team instead of Ginning, Lundqvist or Westerlund.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
he seems to be hailed as the second best defenseman in this draft. Been reading a lot about him but have not seen him play before.
Can anyone give me some feedback on him?
He has great size and is a two way defender from what I have read.

Future top pair guy?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
]he seems to be hailed as the second best defenseman in this draft. Been reading a lot about him but have not seen him play before.

Future top pair guy?
Or top four?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
]he seems to be hailed as the second best defenseman in this draft. Been reading a lot about him but have not seen him play before.

Future top pair guy?
Or top four?

Or bust , his offensive upside is questionable, top 4 potential though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
he seems to be hailed as the second best defenseman in this draft. Been reading a lot about him but have not seen him play before.

Future top pair guy?

Great skater and not bad defensively. Rest of his game is the question. He can carry the puck, but doesn't have huge offensive skill. Hockey IQ and playmaking are not strengths. He does seem to have a good shot though.

I don't think he'll be a top pairing defensemen, but I also am not a huge fan of his game.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
As it stands, Broberg is not a 1st rounder for me.

I agree with the sentiment, but on a lesser scale. To me Broberg should be a late first-round pick as he does have pretty good tools, but I could see him slipping further. Even though my team desperately needs LHD and Broberg's not a bad prospect, I'll be pissed, like I was pissed at the McCarron pick in 2013, if we draft him 15th or higher.

I see a lot of David Rundblad in this kid.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree with the sentiment, but on a lesser scale. To me Broberg should be a late first-round pick as he does have pretty good tools, but I could see him slipping further. Even though my team desperately needs LHD and Broberg's not a bad prospect, I'll be pissed, like I was pissed at the McCarron pick in 2013, if we draft him 15th or higher.

I see a lot of David Rundblad in this kid.

Rundblad couldn't skate or defend.

Skating and defending are the two things that Broberg does best.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Rundblad couldn't skate or defend.

Skating and defending are the two things that Broberg does best.

I meant it more as a comparison to David Rundblad's status as a prospect to highlight the fact that Broberg is certainly far from a safe bet to be a good NHLer and has quite a bit of bust potential in him while also having really high potential if things go 100% right (and he stops making atrocious decisions with the puck and poor reads at both sides of the ice).

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Very curious to see where he gets drafted... still not quite sure what to make of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad