D Lian Bichsel - EHC Biel-Bienne, NL (2022, 18th, DAL)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Has rifts with the Swiss hockey federation, and leave the AHL on his own accord to go back to Rogle. if that isn’t attitude issues, I don’t know what is.
Many players have problems with the SIHF...not surprising given how they treat players. This is not on Bichsel.
Regarding Rögle it has nothing to do with attitude issues either. He just used a clause he negociated with the Dallas Stars.

Reactions: Valeson81 and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Has rifts with the Swiss hockey federation, and leave the AHL on his own accord to go back to Rogle. if that isn’t attitude issues, I don’t know what is.

The Swiss hockey federation is the immature side in that issue.

Plenty of people make job decisions based on their personal life. It's not immature, it's being a human being.

Sorry some 19 year old kid isn't fitting an internet stranger's ideal hockey prospect mold??? Who the hell cares, dude.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The Swiss hockey federation is the immature side in that issue.

Plenty of people make job decisions based on their personal life. It's not immature, it's being a human being.

Sorry some 19 year old kid isn't fitting an internet stranger's ideal hockey prospect mold??? Who the hell cares, dude.
I’m sorry you got upset over what I wrote, if that doesn’t raise alarm bells for you, all the power to you. I’m just discussion what I see on this message board.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I am not convinced by the supposed benefit of that. He could work on his skating in Texas all the same. Most of the progress young prospects make in that area happens in the offseason anyway. And you have said it yourself. He is going back to NA eventually and a lot of the defensive habbits that work on the larger ice will have to be "unlearned" again. I just see it as a break in continuity mostly. I might sound like a broken record but if he was that adamant to play in Sweden he should have just stayed the whole year there.

Why though? He is not even playing for the same team anymore. So does he want to win a title? Shouldn't have chosen to play for Rögle then. A first rounders only priority should be to make the NHL and establish a career there. If he doesn't want that thats fine too but then he could also just play in Biel for the next 15+ years.

Reading between the lines of this article I think I wasn't all that wrong. I think he knows that, having missed so much time due to injuries, he's not quite NHL ready and based on how he's quoted he thinks that Rögle is the ideal place to work on the things he has to in order to be ready for camp ahead of next season and earn a spot on the Dallas Stars roster.

He mentioned mobility as one of the things (as I called it) he wants to work on but also offense and technique. He wants to work on those things in practices and felt like that he wouldn't have enough time to do that while playing on a tough AHL schedule with long road trips. He also said that Rögle's skill coaches and especially their defense coach Max Bohlin (who is just 28yo and kind of a shooting star) were reasons why he chose Rögle.

Last edited:

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Rögle now playing in the SHL finals. Bichsel with 2 assists in the last game to eliminate Växjö with a sweep. How is he playing? My understanding is Rögle making the finals is a surprise, did he have a big part in turning their season around?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad