Confirmed with Link: D Jack Dougherty signed to an entry-level deal

RoR21

May 24, 2011
does anyone in the CHL own his rights? I can't see anything about him being drafted there

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Probably because the Badgers are a complete dumpster fire. Sorry, that last sentence is an insult to dumpster fires.

I have to agree. The team was awful last year. The fact that it was the start of Big10 hockey made it even worse. A conference record of 2-15-3 and finishing behind Ohio State and Penn State was shameful!

Scoring 1.7 goals a game won't result in many wins, unless your goalie is Ken Dryden.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I have to agree. The team was awful last year. The fact that it was the start of Big10 hockey made it even worse. A conference record of 2-15-3 and finishing behind Ohio State and Penn State was shameful!

Scoring 1.7 goals a game won't result in many wins, unless your goalie is Ken Dryden.

Ken Dryden couldn't have stopped pucks in front of that defense. Rumpel was amazing last year even though the stats don't show it. If Alvarez cared about anything other than football, Eaves would've been gone.

edmontonfan59

Nov 9, 2009
Ken Dryden couldn't have stopped pucks in front of that defense. Rumpel was amazing last year even though the stats don't show it. If Alvarez cared about anything other than football, Eaves would've been gone.

How do you think he will do in the WHL if that D was that bad?

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
How do you think he will do in the WHL if that D was that bad?

If there's one thing the Preds know, it's defensemen and I'm pretty sure Poile traded up to get Dougherty, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and blame it on the terrible situation for now.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If there's one thing the Preds know, it's defensemen and I'm pretty sure Poile traded up to get Dougherty, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and blame it on the terrible situation for now.

not that it really matters, but poile actually traded down to the spot where he was taken. Originally we had pick number 46, which we got from Detroit for Legwand, and we traded that pick to San Jose for the 51st pick and a 4th rounder this year. San Jose used number 46 to pick a defenseman Julius Bergman. it will be interesting to see which of the two ends up with a better career.

And in case you're wondering, Anthony Richard is who we got with the extra 4th this year, pick 100

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
not that it really matters, but poile actually traded down to the spot where he was taken. Originally we had pick number 46, which we got from Detroit for Legwand, and we traded that pick to San Jose for the 51st pick and a 4th rounder this year. San Jose used number 46 to pick a defenseman Julius Bergman. it will be interesting to see which of the two ends up with a better career.

And in case you're wondering, Anthony Richard is who we got with the extra 4th this year, pick 100

Thanks for setting me straight, I remembered some sort of trade for the pick, just figured it was trading up.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

I know, can you believe how he's neglected the hoops program! :sarcasm:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I know, can you believe how he's neglected the hoops program! :sarcasm:

He doesn't need to watch over the basketball program. Ryan just does his thing and Alvarez leaves him alone. There's no reason for him to do anything with the basketball program.

Eaves on the other hand has been fairly awful overall since the 2006 National Championship with the one exception being 2010 and since hockey is one of the few money making sports at the school, it should be a high priority to right the ship.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
was really surprised when i just saw that he signed. i watched a view wiscy games last season and they were just awful and that program is toxic right now. i guess its not too surprising that nashville would want to get dougherty out of there. i didnt think dougherty played well at all last year but thats a tough situation to develop in.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Probably because the Badgers are a complete dumpster fire. Sorry, that last sentence is an insult to dumpster fires.

He had a pretty disappointing year at Wisconsin last year, after entering the season with high expectations on him. Team may have urged him to try a different approach.

was really surprised when i just saw that he signed. i watched a view wiscy games last season and they were just awful and that program is toxic right now. i guess its not too surprising that nashville would want to get dougherty out of there. i didnt think dougherty played well at all last year but thats a tough situation to develop in.

That's exactly why. Kid needed a good training program to build some mass, so the collegiate route was a good way to go, but you don't want a good prospect in a bad environment.

Shame really, Wisconsin looked like it was going to be a defense factory, but outside of Suter and McDonagh, a lot of their top tier guys haven't hit the potential they showed in Wisconsin. Smith, Shultz, Gardiner, Ramage...

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
According to some tweets, Dougherty will join the Admirals for at least the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad