D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Obviously that guy who broke down the play of Bouchard in that one game isn’t going to be buying a Bouchard Oiler’s jersey anytime soon- but with that being said, I can’t say that he is being too overly nit picky. He brings up great points.

Sure, it’s one game- even great players have bad games, even if it’s an OHL elimination game. But the thing is, in my very uneducated opinion, the mistakes pointed out in the video are traits and habits that an elite prospect shouldn’t exhibit even in his worse games. Let alone having someone make a 20 minute video about it.

Hope he proves me wrong, that video really made me change my perception of Bouchard.

I don’t know if this has been shared yet, but he looks great on the PP here:

This is not trying to be down on him, but this video did more harm then good, shows great accurate passing, but also shows an incredible weak and slow releasing shot, and skating issues.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This is not trying to be down on him, but this video did more harm then good, shows great accurate passing, but also shows an incredible weak and slow releasing shot, and skating issues.

Yeah, with the skating he’s going to have problems straddling the blue-line and lateral movement. But he’s made it this far with that deffeciency so he’s obviously learned to play around that. Hopefully some NHL-caliber training helps turn that skating around.

In terms of shot, at this point of development I’m just happy that he’s making himself available (slow shot release from Ovi spot, but more of a shot selection problem as opposed to shot itself) and the fact that his shots are actually making it to the net from the point. Anyone have any insights on his overall shooting and not just the ones in this clip?

Honestly he kind of reminds me of a Dion Phaneuf. Kind of awkward looking play style.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, with the skating he’s going to have problems straddling the blue-line and lateral movement. But he’s made it this far with that deffeciency so he’s obviously learned to play around that. Hopefully some NHL-caliber training helps turn that skating around.

In terms of shot, at this point of development I’m just happy that he’s making himself available (slow shot release from Ovi spot, but more of a shot selection problem as opposed to shot itself) and the fact that his shots are actually making it to the net from the point.

Honestly he kind of reminds me of a Dion Phaneuf. Kind of awkward looking play style.
Not a bad comparison, but dion was a big hitter also

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Go back to comparing Hughes to Bobby Orr. :laugh::laugh:

Bouchard having an incredibly weak shot? Yikes.

He has one of the best shots in junior, if his shot is weak what are those muffins Quinn Hughes lobs?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Its all over Vancouver Radio.

It's typical Canuck behaviour to go into another prospect page to gloat after their prospect had a good game.

Good for Bobby Orr. Go congratulate yourselves over there. :laugh::laugh:
Pratt is a moron, nobody in van likes him

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
his skating is atrocious and he sort of looks like a dumb henchman from a mafia comedy movie.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Can't agree about the shot argument. Kids got a cannon and its his main source of offense. Skating issues are overblown, it won't be what hinders him from being a good player. Biggest issue I have with Bouchard is his IQ.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Can't agree about the shot argument. Kids got a cannon and its his main source of offense. Skating issues are overblown, it won't be what hinders him from being a good player. Biggest issue I have with Bouchard is his IQ.
His IQ is not as bad as people make it out to be, especially in the offensive zone, its more defensively where he needs to think the game a bit better.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His IQ is not as bad as people make it out to be, especially in the offensive zone, its more defensively where he needs to think the game a bit better.
From every game I have watched him play, I consistently ask "What the f*** is he doing?". I gave him a pass sometimes because he plays so much and his team isn't the greatest, but it has become so consistent. Merkley is good offensively as well, but he is absolutely horrendous defensively. I don't think it's wrong to question his IQ.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
What? :rolleyes: I'm far from an Oilers fan but the biggest reason Bouchard was drafted where he was is because he has a great shot and instinct, Skating can be fixed with hard work, I hate to say it but at 10 I think the Oilers got a great player.

Reactions: 99664987

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
It's hilarious how insecure snipes is. Say anything negative about Bouchard and he'll somehow turn it into a comment about Hughes. The jealousy is real ;)

I guess if Hughes turns out then the Canucks will have one good defenseman.

Typical Vancouver fans coming into an Oilers prospects thread in August when their prospect had a couple of good games. Lol.

This was like when Schroeder was better than Eberle.

And Hodgson was god's gift to everything. I guess Van fans need something because their team won't be relevant for a long time.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I guess if Hughes turns out then the Canucks will have one good defenseman.

Typical Vancouver fans coming into an Oilers prospects thread in August when their prospect had a couple of good games. Lol.

This was like when Schroeder was better than Eberle.

And Hodgson was god's gift to everything. I guess Van fans need something because their team won't be relevant for a long time.
Again with the saltiness. Notice how I haven't said anything bad about Bouchard and you're all triggered hahahaha the insecurity is so real

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Again with the saltiness. Notice how I haven't said anything bad about Bouchard and you're all triggered hahahaha the insecurity is so real

Nobody is salty and nobody is jealous of the Canucks. The organization is a laughing stock with Dim Jim tossing out Linden and signing brutal role players to terrible contracts ensuring years of mediocrity.

Why are you even this thread acting like a clown?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Nobody is salty and nobody is jealous of the Canucks. The organization is a laughing stock with Dim Jim tossing out Linden and signing brutal role players to terrible contracts ensuring years of mediocrity.

Bruhhhh you're still on this. Go read through this thread, I've actually been defending Bouchard. You guys get so triggered at every little thing that you keep trying to turn this around on the Canucks even though I've mentioned nothing about them or the oilers.
Life is too short to let strangers on the internet get you so upset :(

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

Double post

Last edited:

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Bruhhhh you're still on this. Go read through this thread, I've actually been defending Bouchard. You guys get so triggered at every little thing that you keep trying to turn this around on the Canucks even though I've mentioned nothing about them or the oilers.
Life is too short to let strangers on the internet get you so upset :(
Just don't troll and triple post in a thread. Asking you nicely bruhhhhhh.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
A guy like Bouchard needs to be forgotten until he is 21. He will be dropped on all prospect lists, people will bash him but once he is ready you will have your big body 50 point defensmen who isn't a liability in the D zone.

Reactions: Canucks LB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad