D Edwin Tropmann - Kölner Junghaie, DNL U20 (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Tropmann and Mayer were two of the standout players for Germany in their recent u16 tournament and thought he deserved his own thread since I made one for Mayer.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Has played 2 games in the DEL for Kölner and 4 in the DEL2 for Nauheim very impressive for a defender his age. Even picked up an assist for Nauheim.

Very promising defender out of Germany moving forward.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Has played 2 games in the DEL for Kölner and 4 in the DEL2 for Nauheim very impressive for a defender his age. Even picked up an assist for Nauheim.

Very promising defender out of Germany moving forward.
Believe he averaged 35 seconds of ice time for Cologne. Only got 8 seconds in his debut. Still a promising player.

(Also a little side note: It’s “Köln” not “Kölner Haie” – “Kölner” just means “Cologne’s”, so it’s like “Cologne’s Sharks”.)

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Believe he averaged 35 seconds of ice time for Cologne. Only got 8 seconds in his debut. Still a promising player.

(Also a little side note: It’s “Köln” not “Kölner Haie” – “Kölner” just means “Cologne’s”, so it’s like “Cologne’s Sharks”.)
Yep - if they’re going to play him that little - leave him down to play in the U20’s or have him continue to play for Nauheim.

It seems like NHL scouts don’t take German prospects who play in the DNL too seriously unfortunately so if we want to have more draft picks going forward - they have to play in a good amount of DEL games in their draft years.
And naturally - teams don’t want to do that as unless you’re a Stützle, being that young is a hindrance on teams.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Yep - if they’re going to play him that little - leave him down to play in the U20’s or have him continue to play for Nauheim.

It seems like NHL scouts don’t take German prospects who play in the DNL too seriously unfortunately so if we want to have more draft picks going forward - they have to play in a good amount of DEL games in their draft years.
And naturally - teams don’t want to do that as unless you’re a Stützle, being that young is a hindrance on teams.
I actually think that’s changed a little bit. A decent number of NHL scouts has been watching Mannheim in the DNL this season. In part, I think it’s a result of scouts having left Russia during the war.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I actually think that’s changed a little bit. A decent number of NHL scouts has been watching Mannheim in the DNL this season. In part, I think it’s a result of scouts having left Russia during the war.
Would be great for a player like Brandl if true - who hasn’t gotten any games in Mannheim this year but is playing VERY well in the DNL Jungadler Mannheim.

I even noticed that CSS had Brandl ahead of Bicker in their mid-term rankings so perhaps you’re right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad