Prospect Info: D Declan Chisholm (2018 5th, 150th overall) - Signed ELC

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Niku plays on the right side. So can Heinola and Morrisey.
Where are they at their strongest? But that would be an option. If we could keep five of those six defensemen, our blueline could (optimistically) be quite impressive in about 2-3 years. This would especially be the case of the "Logan Stanley Experiment" bears fruit and Samberg signs here - that's some serious size,skill and meanness.

Reactions: Chunkylover351

Whileee

May 29, 2010
One major issue...
What do Chisholm, Morrissey, Logan Stanley, Sammi Niku, Dylan Samberg and Ville Heinola all have in common? They all shoot left.

Decisions will have to be made.
I know it might seem far-fetched, but having a strong and growing group of talented young D will perhaps give Chevy options to make trades to fill in gaps on RD, or in other areas of the line-up.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People rarely talk about Declan Chisholm but I noted during the draft he was the #5 prospect according to Sportsnet. I noted continued improvement offensively in the OHL. I am curious what he projects to be? 2nd line dman? 3rd pairing? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
People rarely talk about Declan Chisholm but I noted during the draft he was the #5 prospect according to Sportsnet. I noted continued improvement offensively in the OHL. I am curious what he projects to be? 2nd line dman? 3rd pairing? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

I don't know a ton but when he was drafted I think skating was a plus, and decision making was something to improve upon, but he seems thats hes putting it together at the right time. I think 2nd pairing is probably the ceiling but it might not be outlandish that he reaches that in two or three years.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
A 5th rounder will usually have to prove more than a 1st or 2nd rounder before getting opportunities. He's got a long road to the NHL and taking a covid year off won't help.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Cautiously optimistic. I had high hopes for Jan Kostalek once upon a time.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Gotta wonder how the F he was sitting there in the 5th round.

From what I gathered he has improved allot since his draft year. Quite often we hear the hockey phrase "Best player available". But allot of the times the code to crack is probably "player most likely to improve" (enough to make a dent in the NHL)

Reactions: Channelcat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad