LD Cam York - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2019, 14th, PHI)

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
As a Flyer fan I have to agree...we are already well set with the future of our defense....Why we wouldn't at least take a gamble on a potential sniper is odd to me...true Caufield may amount to nothing and we may have gotten an excellent young D in York...But I still would have swung for the fences and gone with the Sniper!

You draft BPA in the first round, or you are asking for trouble.

The flyers have one of the best records in the entire NHL for first round draft picks. Not saying that they aren't wrong on this occasion, but I'll back the scouts to the hilt until we find out. They didn't like Caufield for some reason. We shall see in a couple of years if they are correct.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
You draft BPA in the first round, or you are asking for trouble.

The flyers have one of the best records in the entire NHL for first round draft picks. Not saying that they aren't wrong on this occasion, but I'll back the scouts to the hilt until we find out. They didn't like Caufield for some reason. We shall see in a couple of years if they are correct.
I agree this could work out perfectly fine and we have the better player in York over Caufield....but I really wanted us to take a chance on that diminutive little fellow!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You'd be surprised if an 18-year-old, 175 lb. defenseman committed to Michigan for this year doesn't make what team? The Flyers?

Why is this so hard to understand? I'm surprised one person didn't understand this, let alone two.

The world doesn't only revolve around NHL teams. The post above mine is in relation to the world juniors. My post is in relation to the world juniors.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Why is this so hard to understand? I'm surprised one person didn't understand this, let alone two.

The world doesn't only revolve around NHL teams. The post above mine is in relation to the world juniors. My post is in relation to the world juniors.

The onus is on you to specify what you are talking about. This isn't a WJC thread.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I imagine flyers fans are warming up to him.

He's a really smart, smooth skating dman.

Give Provorov a bridge deal, then trade his ass in 2 seasons and replace him with York.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
To have Sanheim Myers Provorov with Zemula and York on the way. In time this will be the best Flyers d since we had Howe and Mccrimmon as partners. Still hate we passed on Caufield twice but York really really nice consolation prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad