GDT: D @ C, 4:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
You should want your team to win regardless especially when trying to win the division or at the very least get home ice in 1 round. You shouldn't be happy about your team losing in meaningful games.

Can they learn something from a loss like this sure they can but will they really learn much from it? I doubt it. This team has trouble learning things. How many times have we not got 100% effort against crappy teams over the last few years? Losing like this is most likely not going to do much of anything but hurt the team in the standings. Sure if we lost against the Jets we might of been better in this game or maybe we wouldn't of. I would rather have a win and just hope they are better next game then have a loss and hope they are better next game.

More nonsense, you just contradicted yourself. First you say they "learn nothing", now it's "...can they learn something... sure they can". Tell me why players, coaches, broadcasters, analysts, etc., always talk about the way a team responds to a bad loss, especially after a poor effort? Is it because they aren't expected to learn anything? All the postgame comments were about the effort level, and d-zone coverage, and at the very least their pride takes a hit losing to a team like that and they get a slight attitude adjustment.

I'm perfectly fine with them dropping points in games that they clearly haven't shown up for with any sense of urgency. It helps to kick them in the rear and refocus them for the rest of these coming trap games.

You can waste your energy lecturing me on what I should or shouldn't be happy about as a fan, but your attitude of "This team has trouble learning things" and how losses probably won't matter to them going forward, is pretty weak. Maybe you should show a little more faith in your team.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
More nonsense, you just contradicted yourself. First you say they "learn nothing", now it's "...can they learn something... sure they can". Tell me why players, coaches, broadcasters, analysts, etc., always talk about the way a team responds to a bad loss, especially after a poor effort? Is it because they aren't expected to learn anything? All the postgame comments were about the effort level, and d-zone coverage, and at the very least their pride takes a hit losing to a team like that and they get a slight attitude adjustment.

I'm perfectly fine with them dropping points in games that they clearly haven't shown up for with any sense of urgency. It helps to kick them in the rear and refocus them for the rest of these coming trap games.

You can waste your energy lecturing me on what I should or shouldn't be happy about as a fan, but your attitude of "This team has trouble learning things" and how losses probably won't matter to them going forward, is pretty weak. Maybe you should show a little more faith in your team.

Technically anyone can learn from something but it is a question if they really will. I don't see them actually learning much from the loss but anything is possible no contradiction.

I don't want them to drop any points and hope that they learn from it. We have been a team that keeps having some of the same problems over and over again. They don't give 100% effort against crappy teams.

Being happy about you team losing in meaningful games :shakehead

I have had faith in the past but with blowing 3-2 series leads 3 years in a row having not won a playoff series against a good experienced team in a long time and not showing 100% effort against crappy teams so much faith I have had has been lost. I have become a pessimist. They need to start proving me wrong. Play with 100% effort against crappy teams don't blow another 3-2 series lead for 4 years in a row and beat some good experienced playoff teams then I will start having some faith.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Technically anyone can learn from something but it is a question if they really will. I don't see them actually learning much from the loss but anything is possible no contradiction.

I don't want them to drop any points and hope that they learn from it. We have been a team that keeps having some of the same problems over and over again. They don't give 100% effort against crappy teams.

Being happy about you team losing in meaningful games :shakehead

I have had faith in the past but with blowing 3-2 series leads 3 years in a row having not won a playoff series against a good experienced team in a long time and not showing 100% effort against crappy teams so much faith I have had has been lost. I have become a pessimist. They need to start proving me wrong. Play with 100% effort against crappy teams don't blow another 3-2 series lead for 4 years in a row and beat some good experienced playoff teams then I will start having some faith.

We've said enough on this sidebar already, but with all due respect, I'll take advice on how to be a proper fan from somebody that isn't admittedly pessimistic about their team. I think you're missing my point anyhow, it's about being glad that they got the result that they earned, to hopefully pay off in the coming games through a better effort and focus than they might have had otherwise, preventing a losing trend. Big picture vs. the one bad game.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
We've said enough on this sidebar already, but with all due respect, I'll take advice on how to be a proper fan from somebody that isn't admittedly pessimistic about their team. I think you're missing my point anyhow, it's about being glad that they got the result that they earned, to hopefully pay off in the coming games through a better effort and focus than they might have had otherwise, preventing a losing trend. Big picture vs. the one bad game.

Oh I get your point that you are hoping that them losing like this pays off. I just can't be happy about my team losing meaningful games and hoping that they are better for it especially when this team doesn't seem to learn its lessons all that well.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Oh I get your point that you are hoping that them losing like this pays off. I just can't be happy about my team losing meaningful games and hoping that they are better for it especially when this team doesn't seem to learn its lessons all that well.

I never asked you to be. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad