RD Artyom Levshunov - Michigan State Univ., NCAA (2024 Draft)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Saw this Belarusian defenseman listed as a top prospect for 2024, can someone tell me more about him? Also is it more accurate to list him as this name or EP's other listed spelling "Artsiom Leushunou"?

Artyom Levshunov at eliteprospects.com

Artsioum Leushunou is what is in his passport, but Artyom Levshunov is spelling that actually allows you to pronounce his name lol. Kid is real good, putting up crazy numbers that for example recent #52 pick Vladislav Kolyachonok or #82 Dmitri Kuzmin did not. He was in consideration of making Belarus U18 NT last spring while being 15 years old, but arm injury didn't allow him to report to the camp.

All his team's games are streamed live on youtube, so it is possible to tune in see him action a couple of times per week.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Watched him twice this week.

Impressive for his age.

Looked the best guy on their blue-line after Kuzmin tbh. Despite being 2-3 years younger than everyone.

Already probably 6'2.

Skates well. Good wrister. A righty. Nice hands and a lot of confidence. Loooves getting up on play too.

Would like to see him go to Canada though or into Russian system (maybe tbh joins Minsk) next year. So can play vs better players, as well as see him more vs quality opponents.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Watched him at 4 Nation Cup U20.
Dude is real impressive. Had a size and confident with the puck, can create open space in offense zone, to improve skating first round 2024 potential prospect imo

Last edited:
Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
Interesting little fact: All-time of guys who have played min 30 GP in Belarus' U18 league, Levshunov owns the highest PPG rate of any of them in his D-2 season ahead of guys like Kolyachonok and Kuzmin and many other older players. Really wonder if he'll consider NA, because he could really be something special over here.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Under the impact of the emotion of social networks and the race for banishment in North America, the CHL has banned Russian and Belarusian players.

With 2 months of hindsight, the leaders may have realized that it was a stupid and discriminatory measure.

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
Under the impact of the emotion of social networks and the race for banishment in North America, the CHL has banned Russian and Belarusian players.

With 2 months of hindsight, the leaders may have realized that it was a stupid and discriminatory measure.
Do we know if he has interest in coming over to NA? I haven’t heard anything, but I’d feel he may want to unless a good KHL team goes after him for long-term plans. Wonder how likely Dynamo is at this point.

Last edited:

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
Watched him twice this week.

Impressive for his age.

Looked the best guy on their blue-line after Kuzmin tbh. Despite being 2-3 years younger than everyone.

Already probably 6'2.

Skates well. Good wrister. A righty. Nice hands and a lot of confidence. Loooves getting up on play too.

Would like to see him go to Canada though or into Russian system (maybe tbh joins Minsk) next year. So can play vs better players, as well as see him more vs quality opponents.
Alex, do you happen to know what his plans are & who his agent is? Is there any NA interest there?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I think it is reasonable to think that unless Dinamo Minsk offers him KHL roster spot (there were rumors of Dinamo wanting him already last season), he might go USHL route.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Taken by Green Bay in USHL draft. Fingers crossed he gets this opportunity.

Reactions: yrmj3

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Saw he was cleared by USA Hockey to play for Green Bay and I also saw him listed in their training camp roster. They start preseason action on the 9th

Might be the best draftee from Belarus in a long while, hopefully the USHL proves to be an effective place for him to develop, excited to watch him the next two seasons. Great talent

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
Never heard of him until today and now i am very impressed with his numbers

I have compared his stats with Kolyachonok and the gap in favor of levshunov is large to say the least

Kolyachonok as a 16 year old (2016-2017) and 17 years old (2017-2018)
��
2016-17
23.png
Team Belarus U17
Belarus Vysshaya32371022-|
23.png
Team Belarus U18
Belarus Vysshaya60004-|Playoffs30000-
2017-18
23.png
Team Belarus U17
Belarus Vysshaya20110-|
23.png
Team Belarus U18
Belarus Vysshaya435152024

Levshunov as a 16 year old

2021-22
23.png
Team Belarus U18
Belarus Vysshaya462538632868|Playoffs137101725

Maybe i am missing some necessary context that can explain such difference between both, but based on just stats, Levshunov is just very impressive. Leshunov is from october (older guy) and Kolyachonok was from May, but other than that the difference is huuge. Considering Kolyachonok was a second round pick and was ranked #31 by ISS, Levshunov looks like he is on another different level and will be a lock in the first round if he doesnt get lost on the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Maybe i am missing some necessary context that can explain such difference between both, but based on just stats, Levshunov is just very impressive. Leshunov is from october (older guy) and Kolyachonok was from May, but other than that the difference is huuge. Considering Kolyachonok was a second round pick and was ranked #31 by ISS, Levshunov looks like he is on another different level and will be a lock in the first round if he doesnt get lost on the way.
Yes, Levshunov played for one of the deepest Belarussian WJC teams in their history a month after turning 16, Kolyachonok did the same during his D+1 as an 18-year-old, so 2,5 years later. They are on an entirely different level.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I think he’s a top pairing Dman for Green Bay already according to preseason line charts for a couple games but I haven’t watched him yet, also can’t confirm where he played in the lineup for their first game today. Hopefully somebody can watch him soon and report

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad