RD Artyom Levshunov - Michigan State Univ., NCAA (2024 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’ve heard he’s someone to keep an eye on as one of the top defenseman for next year.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Any word on where he might end up next year? Could he go the Fantilli route and "1-and-done" at a big time NCAA school or is there a chance he goes back to Europe/the KHL for a year or two?

Reactions: Lavar Ball

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I think he’d be better off staying in the USHL. Develop the offense and if he puts up around a PPG season he’ll surely be a lottery pick, or at the very least a first round pick. I wouldn’t think going back to the MHL/VHL would be worth it after he’s had a great breakout year in North America.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Wheeler released a 2024 top 24 today and he has him at 3rd. 7 points in his last 7 GP

Doesn’t really mean a whole lot at this point to be nitpicking, I can see the argument to have him that high. Sky’s the limit for Levshunov, he has all the tools and traits you’d want in a #1D. The size and skating package is a little more enticing than what Kiviharju has to offer… so far at least. Best Belarusian prospect ever? Definitely the best since Andrei Kostitsyn/Salei who went 9/10 respectively many years ago.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Doesn’t really mean a whole lot at this point to be nitpicking, I can see the argument to have him that high. Sky’s the limit for Levshunov, he has all the tools and traits you’d want in a #1D. The size and skating package is a little more enticing than what Kiviharju has to offer… so far at least. Best Belarusian prospect ever? Definitely the best since Andrei Kostitsyn/Salei who went 9/10 respectively many years ago.
Yea for sure definitely doesn't hold much weight but it's cool to see the hype for him continue to build. I have only caught limited viewings of him so far but no doubt he looks like the real deal

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022

Deadly shot

Some offensive game tape. Love his willingness to activate. Might be a bit trigger happy but his shots have a tendency to get through traffic so it’s still creating offense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy is getting way underrated. 42 points in 62 games in his D-2 in the USHL. That's the second most ever. He looks like an eventual all situations 1D type.

I get he's Belorussian, and there aren't many Belorussian fans on this website, but he's one of the best draft prospects for the 2024 draft.

Easily has a case for 1OA next year. I'm not buying that Celebrini and Eiserman have separated themselves from him enough that he shouldn't have a chance to overtake them.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

Big fan of him. Has a case for 1OA for 2024 this far out from the draft. He’s a right-shot defenseman that already looks like an NHL player. You could drop him in the NHL right now, and I think he could play third pair minutes. He’s good at everything. I wouldn’t say he’s like elite at any one area, but he’s probably going to be a 1D because there’s not that area in his tool set that you question how it’ll translate to the NHL, and there’s also many areas where you know he’s going to be pretty good at. Should definitely be a capable PP and PK guy at the NHL level, and it’s just a matter of if he’s like the best offensive/defensive defenseman on his own team or if there might be one or two guys better than him. He makes a few mistakes with the puck, but nothing that other very good defensemen this age don’t make. I have a hard time thinking he won’t be a top 10 pick, and I think top 5 is very likely with 1OA a possibility.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This guy is getting way underrated. 42 points in 62 games in his D-2 in the USHL. That's the second most ever. He looks like an eventual all situations 1D type.

I get he's Belorussian, and there aren't many Belorussian fans on this website, but he's one of the best draft prospects for the 2024 draft.

Easily has a case for 1OA next year. I'm not buying that Celebrini and Eiserman have separated themselves from him enough that he shouldn't have a chance to overtake them.

Good to see you posting again PB. Levshunov is certainly exciting.

I've always though Michigan would be his landing spot - he'd continue the lineage of absolute hoss blueliners there. I know depth-wise they look full on the blueline for this fall but they could always re-classify somebody. Casey will be the man this year and I know they have Warren coming in as veteran help from BC and still have Edwards, Duke and Truscott - but in terms of star power they don't hve that Power/Hughes and then Hughes/Casey 1-2 punch.

It would be interesting to see the Spartans grab him though ahead of their rivals - they are red hot recruiting-wise. They'd potentially have a massive blueline with Lavshunov, Strbak, Sparkes all coming in and Hurtig (Devils prospect).

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia

If anything, i think he is getting a bit overrated. I see him at #3 in almost every ranking, which seems a bit high for a defense that does not have any elite trait.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If anything, i think he is getting a bit overrated. I see him at #3 in almost every ranking, which seems a bit high for a defense that does not have any elite trait.
Could say the same about someone like Celebrini, couldn’t you? And he isn’t ranked 3 on almost every ranking, he’s ranked 1 on almost every ranking.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Could say the same about someone like Celebrini, couldn’t you? And he isn’t ranked 3 on almost every ranking, he’s ranked 1 on almost every ranking.
Not so sure about that but then again you don't think very highly of Bedard either so......

I get that Levshunov could go higher than people think because of his physical skills and floor/ceiling projecatbiblity ect...but Celebrini has elite offensive skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad