GDT: Czech Republic - US of A

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Another bitch.. Spacek struggling at C.. so move him to 4C.. what about 2W?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechia just doesnt seem to have a gameplan. Its just guys trying to take the puck alone to the US zone. No teamplay, just 5 individuals in same color jerseys.
The Kari plan

1. leave behind amateurs from the AHL, NCAA and CHL
2. bring in extraliga pros that would never make the AHL
3. blame the goalie

Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I guess last year Kari was just lucky to have Pasta and Krejci. This year he has Kubalik, but that's a downgrade
Pasta, Krejci, Kampf, Hronek, Vrana and Hertl.

That got us bronze under Kari. Our top 2C's for a best on best, our Top W and our Top D.

Reactions: vlady

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
US getting Germany potentially in the semis if they hold on here makes the US getting to the Gold Medal game for the first time ever a real possibility. It may finally be the year they win this thing

Wait, is that true? They've NEVER been in the gold medal game? That's surprising

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Wait, is that true? They've NEVER been in the gold medal game? That's surprising
Its a pretty incredible fact. They did win in 1960, but finals werent played back then. That was also the last time USA was in top 2 at WHC. Absurd statistic.

Reactions: maclean

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

hm, googled and they have, but not since 1950
US men haven't won a thing since 1996. It's an amazing anamoly given their rosters and depth and general awesomeness.

Czechs have more recently won best on best and Skoda's than them. It's crazy. Kind of like the Swiss and quarters. I can't explain it.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
This Is the worst we ever played ever at WCH. Kari needs to be fired ASAP. If He stays I am boycotting NT untill there Is a competent coach

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
US men haven't won a thing since 1996. It's an amazing anamoly given their rosters and depth and general awesomeness.

Czechs have more recently won best on best and Skoda's than them. It's crazy. Kind of like the Swiss and quarters. I can't explain it.

Even more surprising considering I think of them as a country that's only really started to produce a lot of good players in the last 10-20 years, so you'd think they'd have some more recent success. It's true though that they don't get a lot of buy-in from established players and are generally running youth

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I dunno if there's a magic combination of players for Czechia that would do significantly better, their Junior results were very light from 2006-2022 and their overall presence in Hockey has been declining for about 20 years. That trend appears to be reversing but it'll be a while before it bears fruit in big quantities. I don't think there's a Jaromir Jagr type player sitting at home during this tournament.

Reactions: Jablkon

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I dunno if there's a magic combination of players for Czechia that would do significantly better, their Junior results were very light from 2006-2022 and their overall presence in Hockey has been declining for about 20 years. That trend appears to be reversing but it'll be a while before it bears fruit in big quantities. I don't think there's a Jaromir Jagr type player sitting at home during this tournament.

it's the opposite in reality
Pasta, Hertl and Vrana are watching this right now.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
check the Hart trophy nominees...

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Not Jágr, but Vrána, Frk, Galvas, Svozil etc. All siting at home while we have to suffer And watch Jordán, Němeček, Voženílek And others

Reactions: tade and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not that it matters but not one of our top 10 guys are here... but either are the US guys top 40 guys.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I said if we get eliminated that I hope the Swiss or US win Gold.

Congrats US.. you were awesome. Better from start to finish. Zero controversy. None. Great job, you are killing all of Europe and I wish you continued success and your first Men's title since 1996. It'd be an amazing story.

Yenn 22

Dec 31, 2019
I said if we get eliminated that I hope the Swiss or US win Gold.

Congrats US.. you were awesome. Better from start to finish. Zero controversy. None. Great job, you are killing all of Europe and I wish you continued success and your first Men's title since 1996. It'd be an amazing story.
Have you seen actual score of Swiss game?

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
That’s that then. Been watching the Ger - Sui game since the Americans scored the second goal, but this game is also ugly. The Swiss choking completely, the Germans playing their joyless style.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well yes, obviously but let's not be disingenuous here. Everyone is missing "A" team high-end NHL talent. USA has like 1 guy that could even be considered in the Top 50 American players right now.
Disengenous is saying we have nothing like a Jagr when we have a guy nominated for the Hart trophy right now sitting at home.

Reactions: vlady

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Disengenous is saying we have nothing like a Jagr when we have a guy nominated for the Hart trophy right now sitting at home.
The topic was player invitations, not player declinations. I doubt Pastrnak just didn't make the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad