Cycling

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Everyone seemed to know the ramp wasn't going to be there except MVDP. Even his teammate Vader said he knew the ramp wouldn't be there. Clearly at some point there was a miscommunication because MVDP is skilled enough to jump that drop.

Pidcock is an incredible talent. If he stays with mountain biking, he'd dominate for the next decade. Alas, the money is in road riding so I expect he'll focus on that but will show up at XC races here and there so he can compete in the next Olympics if he wants to. And because he loves mountain biking.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Everyone seemed to know the ramp wasn't going to be there except MVDP. Even his teammate Vader said he knew the ramp wouldn't be there. Clearly at some point there was a miscommunication because MVDP is skilled enough to jump that drop.

Pidcock is an incredible talent. If he stays with mountain biking, he'd dominate for the next decade. Alas, the money is in road riding so I expect he'll focus on that but will show up at XC races here and there so he can compete in the next Olympics if he wants to. And because he loves mountain biking.
I haven’t watched tons of biking so forgive me if I sound fresh but I heard mentions that Pidcock doesn’t mountain bike often? If he’s a road racer, how well does he do at road racing because I haven’t noticed him before.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I haven’t watched tons of biking so forgive me if I sound fresh but I heard mentions that Pidcock doesn’t mountain bike often? If he’s a road racer, how well does he do at road racing because I haven’t noticed him before.
He looks promising on the street. He did win Brabant this year. Won a bronze in the u23 WC and a gold in the junior time trial as well. He does mountain bike, quite successfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamkin

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site

I'm a mountain biker and I don't follow road much. All I know is whenever he's talked about in the mountain bike world, they mention how good he is on the road and at cyclocross as well. Mountain biking is his passion, but road is where the money is.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
He looks promising on the street. He did win Brabant this year. Won a bronze in the u23 WC and a gold in the junior time trial as well. He does mountain bike, quite successfully.

Pidcock is yet another world talent who might be up there with WVA and MDVP fighting for classics in the next years. Not sure about GTs but we will see, he has enourmous potential.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Roglic monster, Dumoulin rather surprising silver IMO. Ganna fifth, not so surprising given the climbs but still it leaves a bitter taste that he's not medalled.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

Ah the « I have black friends » argument, such a timeless classic

if he had said "chase the Qu@#$" or "Get the Fa#$%", would he still be employed? HHHMMM

What if he had said "Chase the Bit#$%", "get the Slu%$"...what then? Would his head be still on his shoulders?

Reactions: Power Man

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Dude, the German pursuit team almost caught the British in an Olympic final...
Improved the world record by 6 seconds in one day...
It's the bee's knees.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not expert in track cycling, but it seems like the Danish are upsetting some people :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I'm not expert in track cycling, but it seems like the Danish are upsetting some people :laugh:
It’s all bullshit tbh.

Sore loosers from GB.

UCI have admitted the tape was miscommunication, and the Danes were superior anyway, so the tape made little difference.

With regards to the crash today, it was a mix of missing flags, an unnaware Dane, and a Brit who was lagging behind.

Again, the Danes were superior, so the correct nation are in the final tbh.

They were just not good enough the Brits, so not sure what they are complaining about.

The most f***ed thing about this is a
major UK newspaper having this on it’s frontpage calling the Danes cheaters.

I mean come the f*** on, Brits complaining about shit like this is just hollow, and again, there was no cheating at all.

Unclassy as f*** if you ask me.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Brits got outworked AND they still complained, then they wonder why the rest of the world always cheer against them...

Ganna was a f***ing rocket today and Italy set a new WR, but on paper Denmark is stronger (they had a better time than Italy before the crash). Top Ganna has still margin to improve (!!!), but the rest of the team not really. Hoping for the gold, but it will likely be a silver.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Brits got outworked AND they still complained, then they wonder why the rest of the world always cheer against them...

Ganna was a f***ing rocket today and Italy set a new WR, but on paper Denmark is stronger (they had a better time than Italy before the crash). Top Ganna has still margin to improve (!!!), but the rest of the team not really. Hoping for the gold, but it will likely be a silver.
Yeah, Denmark were on track to beat the WR before the crash.

Italy has a chance tomorrow imo, not certain gold for Denmark at all.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Italy was about 0.850 behind with four laps to go or so. Then TOP GANNA was unleashed: GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And another WR! :bow:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Tadej Pogaçar confirms his legendary season with another monument win in Il Lombardia, best cyclist in the world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad