Cy Clark (Malkinmania guy) passed away

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
As a Flyers fan, I'm legit saddened by this. My condolences to his family and his fellow fans. In the end, regardless of team, we're all passionate fans for a great sport, and he was a spectacular one.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
RIP to Cy. Section 102/103 will miss you.

Really irks me I think the Regis incident was his last game he attended and they booted him before faceoff.

Always made me think about no matter what he was going through, no matter how sick he was, he was always there and loved the Pens more than anything.

Yep that was my last memory of him, sadly. Last game I saw him at in that section. I noticed he wasn't at the final Ottawa game and I didn't see him in the postseason. :(

RIP

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Rest in Peace, bruther, and know that we real Pens fans will let the 24" python-fury run WAHLD on David Lesshouse if he hires that namby pamby, Mustache-less Mean Gene Okerlund-lookin' Pierre McGuire to run ruin this team!

hulk-hogan-02_opt.jpg

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
He sat about 15 rows in front of me right across the aisle from me. The games will seem a lot different without him there. My prayers are with his family.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Truly great to see some Flyer fans show their respect. Just about every team has their eccentric fans, Cy was definitely one of the more eccentric in the league and he added a bit to that rivalry.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
RIP Cy.

He was an awesome fan and person, from what I hear. It's a real shame that he was kicked out of his last game.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Seeing him pop up on the television screen was always cool. You could tell the guy LOVED the team. Very sad news.

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Truly great to see some Flyer fans show their respect. Just about every team has their eccentric fans, Cy was definitely one of the more eccentric in the league and he added a bit to that rivalry.

Kudos to them and the entire Flyers organization. I'm friends with a few Flyers fans who liked, thus Facebook showing me, a post of the Cy/Hartnell incident with a nice message about Cy. A real class act there, very well done Flyers. :nod:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sad news. Regardless of which side of a rivalry you're on, you can always appreciate someone who adds to it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Scott Hartnell posted condolences on his facebook page, too. Those two produced an all-time great fan/player interaction :laugh:.

It's hard not to appreciate a passionate fan.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I'll never forget seeing him at my first ever Pens game when I was a kid. I remember thinking he was actually Hulk Hogan for a long time. My dad used to get seats adjacent to his section and we would always talk about his awesome jersey selection on the car ride back from the games. This is a guy who loved the Pens more than anything, and that's awesome.

Please disregard that "only in Pittsburgh" post, ugh.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
RIP. I didn't meet him but we exchanged nods and "WOOOOs" at the '09 Cup win down the near the glass while the party was going on.

Hartnell :laugh:

akirlf.jpg

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
RIP Cy. Met him at the Pens/CBJ game in 2010. He's one of those fans who wore his fandom on his sleeve and he will be missed.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
RIP. I didn't meet him but we exchanged nods and "WOOOOs" at the '09 Cup win down the near the glass while the party was going on.

One thing that I wall always regret is that I have a great photo of him standing outside the Joe Louis Arena as the Pens bus was pulling up that night and I always meant to take him a copy to a game and I never did. Damn it.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

True dat. I grew up hating the Flyers stemming from the 80's because they always beat us on the scoreboard and beat our ass. Seeing Cy get into it with Hartnell and Hartnell giving some of his own medicine back to him has been one of my favorite, most memorable memories as a hockey fan. Hate the Flyers or not, that exchange was great.

I remember watching it as it happened thinking oh no we're getting jobbed by the Flyers again but man that **** was funny as hell :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad