Player Discussion Cutter Gauthier

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hah, I think part of the rub is that they don't feel like they got a premium asset back.
Yeah, i've noticed Drysdale gets underrated at Flyers board but overrated at Ducks board.
I think its more along the lines of they got a fair asset back and their GM seemed to prefer an NHL player in Drysdale over prospect + pick. With Drysdale's injury concerns the Ducks probably preferred that route too of giving him up over prospect + pick.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Hah, I think part of the rub is that they don't feel like they got a premium asset back.

I think Drysdale will still become a good player if he can stay healthy. It's hard to develop (especially as a dman) in the NHL when you can't stay on the ice, and he's played 42 games combined in the last three seasons. He's barely 22 years old.

I will say though, given what Cutter did this year in the NCAA and what his trajectory has been, he has a much better shot at becoming an elite player. It might take him a few years to grow into the "power forward" mold that Verbeek wants, but I think looking back on this trade in five years we're going to be happy.

Reactions: Yemeth and lwvs84

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
As much as this is hated by Flyers fans, and no matter what the future brings, both teams got an asset, and Philly also got a pick.

Looking back at losing Schultz for absolutely nothing, it is tough to have any sympathy for the Flyers. It has never really been discussed, but who knows if we get a timely goal or two during that run from Schultz or if we had gotten an asset.

I’ve never considered Schultz a pivotal piece in ‘16 and ‘17, but he had a couple GWG’s that would have been very helpful in ‘15. Not to mention his offensive upside over Lovejoy through our Boudreau years.

John

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad