Cuts

qc

Aug 23, 2011
If you deal Campbell, you've still got:

Bergeron, Marchand, Loui, Krejci, Kelly, Paille

How many PKing forwards do we need?

At least 10... more if they're left-handed and bad at every other aspect of the game.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

Heck, even if you dealt BOTH Kelly and Campbell and your lineup looks like this.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Fraser-Soderberg-Gagne
Paille-Spooner-Florek

That leaves the 5 guys you mentioned, as well as Spooner and Florek who killed penalties at times last year, and Gagne who has been killing them this season.

You know what's real easy to acquire at the deadline if something isn't effective there? We got that player on steroids in Kelly in '11 for a late 2nd.

You know what's real hard to acquire at the deadline... (a top 9 producing NHL center, a top 4 D, etc.).

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Amalie Benjamin ‏@AmalieBenjamin 13s
Ville Leino has been released, per Chiarelli.

Call off the hounds.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Don't want to tire your top forwards with constant pking. If Kelly stays, fine, get rid of Campbll, and visa versa. If you get rid of both you're left with Paille as the experienced lower rung pker. Florek might be good, maybe Knight. But we know Campbell & Kelly can, so why mess with it, keep one.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Don't want to tire your top forwards with constant pking. If Kelly stays, fine, get rid of Campbll, and visa versa. If you get rid of both you're left with Paille as the experienced lower rung pker. Florek might be good, maybe Knight. But we know Campbell & Kelly can, so why mess with it, keep one.

Caron has plenty of PK experience as well.

member 96824

Call off the hounds.

tumblr_lyzxonvKgO1r7vxcmo1_250.gif

member 96824

Our arguably top forward leads the team on SH TOI. I don't think it's that large of a deal.

Plus, if it's truly a detriment to only have 5 or 6 forwards able to play the PK...you can go get one pretty easily.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
It's too bad the damage was already done with all those reps he stole from the kids in that one practice though. :)

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Our arguably top forward leads the team on SH TOI. I don't think it's that large of a deal.

Plus, if it's truly a detriment to only have 5 or 6 forwards able to play the PK...you can go get one pretty easily.

I know that, but you still want to keep your best forwards as fresh as you can. And yes, I know you can get one later, but why when you already have one that does it well, and knows the system & team? To save $600-700 k? MAybe. I would just let him play out his contract here, and move on next year.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
What happened to all those Bruins fans that really wanted Leino a few weeks ago? On the main board it seemed there was page after page after page of Bruins fans thinking Sabres fans were nuts when saying he was spent and not worth having on the team.

I didn't watch one moment of him in your preseason games. Was he slow, not physical, low energy?

qc

Aug 23, 2011

Call off the hounds.

But the omni-reputable Kiss the Ring (aka Jack Edwards aka Caballo Blanco aka Fire Julien) claimed that Leino was signed weeks ago! :laugh:

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I know that, but you still want to keep your best forwards as fresh as you can. And yes, I know you can get one later, but why when you already have one that does it well, and knows the system & team? To save $600-700 k? MAybe. I would just let him play out his contract here, and move on next year.

Eh for me, if I can't see you slotting up on the 3rd line at any point, I don't want you. That's where I was with Thornton, and that's where I am with Campbell. Paille or Kelly I could see at 3LW.

What's $600k-700k at the deadline though if you need to upgrade somewhere else? Is that the difference between bringing in a legitimate top pairing guy vs. a Meszaros?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
But the omni-reputable Kiss the Ring (aka Jack Edwards aka Caballo Blanco aka Fire Julien) claimed that Leino was signed weeks ago! :laugh:

Yeah, except I never did say that. I merely called this invite useless and a waste of time as Leino is trash. I believe I was right.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, except I never did say that. I merely called this invite useless and a waste of time as Leino is trash. I believe I was right.

Nope. You refereed to the "signings" of Leino and Gagne several times. :laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, but to be fair, many posters were having a cow because Leino was having more reps than the AHL rooks.

Couldn't agree with you more, but that's not my point. My point is that FJ (in his typical attention-seeking style) stated several times that we signed Leino.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad