Cuts

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Bruins do not have the time for him to come around. Happy we saw if he was in top shape. Apparently not in enough good form to make it a difficult decision for the brass.

Gagne can thank Bergeron for being given a long look if he hasn't impressed the same brass.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Why do so many people want McQuaid out? He will be our only non top player who will take on the bigger guys. He's also a better defenseman than Kevan Miller.

Because the extra 800K he makes could be the difference in making a legal roster and not.

Miller can not go down, so you lose him for very little or nothing, then next year not enough cap room to even think about keeping Quaider.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I feel like Leino being cut sort of implies that Gagne will get a contract. If Gagne was going to be cut wouldn't they just have cut both of them at the same time?

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I feel like Leino being cut sort of implies that Gagne will get a contract. If Gagne was going to be cut wouldn't they just have cut both of them at the same time?

I don't think so, they have 24 forwards with smith in and vl out making 8 even lines.

Not worth having to rotate players on a line.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think so, they have 24 forwards with smith in and vl out making 8 even lines.

Not worth having to rotate players on a line.

yeah but if it's just a numbers game they could have kept Griffith in camp and cut Gagne and Leino. Chris Breen also got cut from his tryout today. Like I said, I could be overthinking it, but it seems to me like Gagne has a job.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
yeah but if it's just a numbers game they could have kept Griffith in camp and cut Gagne and Leino. Chris Breen also got cut from his tryout today. Like I said, I could be overthinking it, but it seems to me like Gagne has a job.

I get what your saying, It could have been one of the kids that are left, but they clearly want even lines and pairs.

Also I think it was Leino vs. Gagne, then the winner has to beat out the rest, no way they could have kept both.

I think this just proves Gange is better then Leino but I don't think it puts Gagne on the roster yet.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Thought the same thing as well. Get the feeling its the same ordeal with Kelly and Campbell. One of them will get dealt.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Breen was not on a tryout. He has a one year contract (two way) with the Bruins and is headed to Providence. He has to clear waivers.

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I get what your saying, It could have been one of the kids that are left, but they clearly want even lines and pairs.

Also I think it was Leino vs. Gagne, then the winner has to beat out the rest, no way they could have kept both.

I think this just proves Gange is better then Leino but I don't think it puts Gagne on the roster yet.

I agree short of both players having some kind of miracle camp I always had the impression that it was going to be Gagne vs Leino-team might sign one but not both. I don't think Gagne has a contract in the bag but he seems like he is very likely to get one if the cap math works.

I still think we see a trade-probably moving a Dman and maybe a forward, and Gagne at his point can command that big a salary-he spends most of the season on the injured list.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Does Warsofsky have to clear waivers? I know what CapGeek says but I thought I heard he is still exempt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad