Player Discussion Curtis Lazar appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
A lot of that was the team and media pumping him up to an extreme. Acting like the kid was going to be a star when he wasn't. Do that to a teenager and they're going to get some ideas in their head that isn't good for them.

I'm glad to see the kid is starting to work things out. He'll have a decent pro career. A few more seasons in the NHL as a plugger, then a few more years in the minors or Europe.

Definitely. I remember headlines on TSN touring him to be our future Captain. That'll go to anyone's head that they're a lock to make it.

All in all, seemed like a decent human being so I hope he can carve out a decent career and maybe be a spokesperson for late first rounders going the Nick Paul route.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
so lets
As Supsens pointed out earlier, that 37% shooting percentage just may start to fall somewhat. ;-) At best, he's a bottom six winger without a ton of size or sandpaper - you can pick those dudes up off the waiver wire any time you like...
pick him up

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Definitely. I remember headlines on TSN touring him to be our future Captain. That'll go to anyone's head that they're a lock to make it.

All in all, seemed like a decent human being so I hope he can carve out a decent career and maybe be a spokesperson for late first rounders going the Nick Paul route.
he will always be my future captain

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I am now nervous for you...this type of obsessive behavior isn't healthy.

Next time you want to take a shot at White in a thread that has nothing to do with him try to ask yourself why you are doing it.

Maybe you can find the inner turmoil that is causing you to lash out at White and address the root cause.

At this pace I will go with Lazar.
the post was a whole movie with a twist at the end

Reactions: DrEasy and OD99

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I am now nervous for you...this type of obsessive behavior isn't healthy.

Next time you want to take a shot at White in a thread that has nothing to do with him try to ask yourself why you are doing it.

Maybe you can find the inner turmoil that is causing you to lash out at White and address the root cause.

At this pace I will go with Lazar.

Thanks for your concern. Instead of CLUB WHITE screaming insult 1.0 about how bad my White player eval is/was the masses have switched to insult 2.0 which is the White obsession thing. I guess his skill is easier to eval now that MS is gone.

Take a big breathe. He is a nice prospect and his game is under Ennis and close with Chaplik. I know you want to fight that.... but it is what it is. Hopefuly in the near future we can celebrate him deserving a spot in our top 12 forwards.

Imagine if we gave Chaplik $26 million this off season. Chaplik's game is at least equal with White's, he just didn't get to ride shot gun with MS or MD for a year. White's future is probably closer to Lazar's and Chaplik's without the payday.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for your concern. Instead of CLUB WHITE screaming insult 1.0 about how bad my White player eval is/was the masses have switched to insult 2.0 which is the White obsession thing. I guess his skill is easier to eval now that MS is gone.

Take a big breathe. He is a nice prospect and his game is under Ennis and close with Chaplik. I know you want to fight that.... but it is what it is. Hopefuly in the near future we can celebrate him deserving a spot in our top 12 forwards.

Imagine if we gave Chaplik $26 million this off season. Chaplik's game is at least equal with White's, he just didn't get to ride shot gun with MS or MD for a year. White's future is probably closer to Lazar's and Chaplik's without the payday.

LOL

It's not an insult, it's a medical diagnosis, has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks of White.

Imagine if you only brought up White in threads about White?

Nobody here has argued that White isn't having a disappointing season. Everyone agrees with that - even to the point of some saying maybe he isn't what we thought he was going to be.

On the extreme some people (myself included) are suggesting some patience for a 2nd year player who has had multiple injuries (a significant one that hampered his skating being most notable) and who can certainly show progress through the end of this season and most importantly come back after a strong off-season and begin 20/21 in a positive manner.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
LOL

It's not an insult, it's a medical diagnosis, has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks of White.

Imagine if you only brought up White in threads about White?

Nobody here has argued that White isn't having a disappointing season. Everyone agrees with that - even to the point of some saying maybe he isn't what we thought he was going to be.

On the extreme some people (myself included) are suggesting some patience for a 2nd year player who has had multiple injuries (a significant one that hampered his skating being most notable) and who can certainly show progress through the end of this season and most importantly come back after a strong off-season and begin 20/21 in a positive manner.

Thanks for your medical diagnosis... I will consider it with my usual view of your posts.

See camp white. Step 1, defend elite skill and contract. Step two, when step one fails insult anyone who challenges it.

I understand you don’t want Chaplik or Ennis or Norris or Pageau compared to White.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for your medical diagnosis... I will consider it with my usual view of your posts.

See camp white. Step 1, defend elite skill and contract. Step two, when step one fails insult anyone who challenges it.

I understand you don’t want Chaplik or Ennis or Norris or Pageau compared to White.
You have made up your own narrative for yourself and for others now?

You cant find one post of mine where I say anything about what you describe. Complete figment of your imagination.

Adding more to your chart...diagnosis getting worse.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You have made up your own narrative for yourself and for others now?

You cant find one post of mine where I say anything about what you describe. Complete figment of your imagination.

Adding more to your chart...diagnosis getting worse.

I can’t help you with you self projected bias ... you wouldn’t express it if you knew you were. That’s the issue with bias ... Do you have any worthy education in life or hockey to back up your “medical diagnosis” ? I can’t tell if I am debating a HS drop out or a doctor as you suggest ... I’m sensing closer to option 1.... maybe a little HL hockey and a lazy arts degree ?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I can’t help you with you self projected bias ... you wouldn’t express it if you knew you were. That’s the issue with bias ... Do you have any worthy education in life or hockey to back up your “medical diagnosis” ? I can’t tell if I am debating a HS drop out or a doctor as you suggest ... I’m sensing closer to option 1.... maybe a little HL hockey and a lazy arts degree ?
No matter how anyone feels about White that is a great line.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
No matter how anyone feels about White that is a great line.

There are lots of posters that view white as a valuable 22 year old prospect ... and there are those that will fall on swords to defend his elite status. I’m glad he got his first PP goal to tonight. Hopefully more to come. I would love him to get 40 pts this year.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Your ramblings are getting more incoherent and now trying to add personal attacks?

Talk about lazy..the old "what level of hockey did you play?"

I could never have heard of hockey and still know your posts are irrational and obsessive.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Your ramblings are getting more incoherent and now trying to add personal attacks?

Talk about lazy..the old "what level of hockey did you play?"

I could never have heard of hockey and still know your posts are irrational and obsessive.

What did you expect ? That I would take your condescending medical wisdom as clinical advice? I have zero problem with anyone disagreeing with a take. You have no reason to make it personal. You have bad takes all over this forum and I wasn’t attacking you.

Defend Colin White all you want. Share whatever metric or advanced start you like ... but when you run out of ideas don’t get personal.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What did you expect ? That I would take your condescending medical wisdom as clinical advice? I have zero problem with anyone disagreeing with a take. You have no reason to make it personal. You have bad takes all over this forum and I wasn’t attacking you.

Defend Colin White all you want. Share whatever metric or advanced start you like ... but when you run out of ideas don’t get personal.

Dude....why are 95% (or more) of your posts about White? Holy shit, there are 20 other guys on the teams and another 20 plus in Belleville.

That's why people are making posts to you about this. It's not about the rest of us being on Team Whatever....it's because you bring up White in every damned thread you post in.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Dude....why are 95% (or more) of your posts about White? Holy ****, there are 20 other guys on the teams and another 20 plus in Belleville.

That's why people are making posts to you about this. It's not about the rest of us being on Team Whatever....it's because you bring up White in every damned thread you post in.

Too bad there wasn’t a way to ignore a post ... to bad there wasn’t away to verify if your 95% is accurate.

Step 1) Refute, insists, proclaim how great CW is.
Step 2) complain about complaining about CW.

I am sorry if you don’t want to hear that Pager may be better than White. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear that Norris May bump White. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear that we should a least pay Duc what we’re pay White. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear we shouldn’t dump Chaplik because he is as good as White etc etc.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Too bad there wasn’t a way to ignore a post ... to bad there wasn’t away to verify if your 95% is accurate.

Step 1) Refute, insists, proclaim how great CW is.
Step 2) complain about complaining about CW.

I am sorry if you don’t want to hear that Pager may be better than White. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear that Norris May bump White. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear that we should a least pay Duc what we’re pay White. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear we shouldn’t dump Chaplik because he is as good as White etc etc.

You don't get it.

Pretty soon you'll be typing to dead air, as everyone will have you on ignore. Single issue posters...whether it's White, Boro, Ryan, Melynk or whatever, end up having ZERO audience rather quickly.

I really don't understand why you can't see that.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You don't get it.

Pretty soon you'll be typing to dead air, as everyone will have you on ignore. Single issue posters...whether it's White, Boro, Ryan, Melynk or whatever, end up having ZERO audience rather quickly.

I really don't understand why you can't see that.

Feel free to ignore - your not offering a perspective anyway. It is a logical step for anyone that doesn’t hear from a poster.

I have been told to not talk about CW in the CW forum, not to compare CW to other players in other forums etx. The reality is White and Pager are by far my two most discussed players and no one has ever asked me to not talk about Pager. It’s the CW fan boys that want to mute anything negative about CW. So ignore and you will only see posts that suit your interests.

Good news White is a goal ahead of Lazar.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nice to see Lazar get two goals last night. He’s been grinding away in the minors evolving his game. It would be ice to see it continue to work out for him.

Reactions: Samboni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad