Player Discussion Curtis Lazar appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Looks like he is turning into that solid 3-4th liner. Good for him - already at 3G in 13G.

Lazar providing a spark in Sabres’ bottom-six
Good to see. It’s hard not to like the kid.

Probably should of been developed like Nick Paul with several years in the minors working his way into playing in a top 6 role. I guess when you’re a first round pick expectations are way higher and players get thrown into roles they aren’t ready for.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
3 goals on 37% shooting? Lol ya so when he regresses to the norm that’s what 1 goal for his next 13 games if he’s lucky?
He’s a good guy and all but I doubt he has turned it around all that much. He has some sad Corsi and xG to go with it.

Reactions: Larionov

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I ran into Lazar yrs ago when he was playing for the Sens in the supermarket in Stittsville, very nice guy & easy to approach & talk to.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It is often the ones who appear happiest on the outside that suffer the most on the inside.
upload_2020-1-8_21-29-12.jpeg

(just for you as I know you like Joker memes)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Good to see. It’s hard not to like the kid.

Probably should of been developed like Nick Paul with several years in the minors working his way into playing in a top 6 role. I guess when you’re a first round pick expectations are way higher and players get thrown into roles they aren’t ready for.
People have dismissed this in the past, saying that Lazar had no development left since you can't really teach skill past a certain level anymore, but in his case it was physical maturity that he needed in order to play his brand of hockey successfully, the brand that worked for him in juniors. The Nick Paul comparison is very apt IMO.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I feel like he'll be an NHLer for a few more years still. His recent AHL numbers aren't bad.

The "lacking NHL skill" critique is bang on, though. Only so far you can go on drive and energy.

R2010

May 23, 2011
I feel like he'll be an NHLer for a few more years still. His recent AHL numbers aren't bad.

The "lacking NHL skill" critique is bang on, though. Only so far you can go on drive and energy.

I personally thought he didn't seem very keen on improvement for the sens. A couple of interviews you could see he was annoyed with the prospect of going to the AHL etc... whereas that is exactly where he belonged. Never was gonna be a top 6 player but should have been a 4th liner who could PK..

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I personally thought he didn't seem very keen on improvement for the sens. A couple of interviews you could see he was annoyed with the prospect of going to the AHL etc... whereas that is exactly where he belonged. Never was gonna be a top 6 player but should have been a 4th liner who could PK..

A lot of that was the team and media pumping him up to an extreme. Acting like the kid was going to be a star when he wasn't. Do that to a teenager and they're going to get some ideas in their head that isn't good for them.

I'm glad to see the kid is starting to work things out. He'll have a decent pro career. A few more seasons in the NHL as a plugger, then a few more years in the minors or Europe.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lazar has scored 6 goals since he left Ottawa. My guess is by the end of the 2021 season Formenton will have more NHL goals then Lazar will since being traded out of Ottawa.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lazar has scored 6 goals since he left Ottawa. My guess is by the end of the 2021 season Formenton will have more NHL goals then Lazar will since being traded out of Ottawa.

Who gets more this year ? White or Lazar ?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I honestly believe those 6 goals are the difference between us and a playoff spot

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Who gets more this year ? White or Lazar ?
I am now nervous for you...this type of obsessive behavior isn't healthy.

Next time you want to take a shot at White in a thread that has nothing to do with him try to ask yourself why you are doing it.

Maybe you can find the inner turmoil that is causing you to lash out at White and address the root cause.

At this pace I will go with Lazar.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As Supsens pointed out earlier, that 37% shooting percentage just may start to fall somewhat. ;-) At best, he's a bottom six winger without a ton of size or sandpaper - you can pick those dudes up off the waiver wire any time you like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->