Player Discussion Curtis Lazar appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
He was hated on here, some say justifiably, some say not, but thanks to Lazar for his time here, and good luck in Calgary Curtis!

I'm glad he is going to a team I like in Calgary, and I think he will do well there.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He'll be out of the NHL is a couple years if he can't find a simple grinding game with a little bit of offense.
I'm just happy I never have to see this guy fiddle with his mouthguard mid shift anymore.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Umm, thanks for... eating a cheeseburger of the ice that one time I guess?

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
During the playoff stretch run two years ago, I'll never forget the energy that Lazar, Condra, and Pageau's line created. Amazing.

Best of luck in Calgary!

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
During the playoff stretch run two years ago, I'll never forget the energy that Lazar, Condra, and Pageau's line created. Amazing.

Best of luck in Calgary!

I feel like he was a passenger on that line, happy for him getting a fresh start!

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Would have rather kept him, but he deserved to get a chance elsewhere. He wasnt going to play much, if at all the rest of the season.

The team didn't live up to its end of the bargain by developing him right. And Curtis didn't live up to his end either by failing to show any consistency as a regular bottom 6 guy, something both he and the team felt he was ready to do.

He was supposed to be a bigger, more talented Pageau, but sadly it went off the rails hard. Good luck kid, wish you all the best.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Curtis was given the opportunity.

Still sad to see him go. He is a good kid. I hope he makes the right decisions for himself and his career. He needs to play a lot to develop.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In hindsight, Lazar is a kid who matured early, and thus put up good numbers in junior. Once others caught up with him, he wasn't able to take his game to the next level. If Lazar had one aspect of his game that was outstanding, I would be concerned with the trade, but the truth is that he doesn't. Is he lightning fast? No. Is he big? Not particularly. Is he tough? Not really. Great hockey sense? No. How are his hands? Awful. There just isn't any one area where he stands out. He's full of big dreams and confidence like most Millennials, but this isn't the try hard league - it's the get it done league.

Oh, and I was happy to see Brennan pan the trade. That's your guarantee that Dorion did the right thing in shipping him out. The question to ask now is how our scouting staff missed on him, and to learn some lessons from that.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Guy had unreal smiles per 60. Gonna miss those.

lazarblogsep17.jpg

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Loved the burger and smile.

I feel bad for him because he was rushed like many had said all along. He was mishandled and needed to finish his chl career with a few in the AHL before coming up.

He will be a solid 3rd or 4th liner one day once he figures out hes not a point producer and jist needs to show leadership, physical defensive hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad