Proposal: Curtis Glencross to MTL

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
It's close in value, but I don't know if I would want give up the 2nd overall (Reinhart/Ekblad) AND Glencross for Subban...

:sarcasm:

I never want to see subban anywhere near my team. The guy is as big of a loser as there is in the NHL. Only one of the biggest dbags ever would jump Kyle Turris, pound him, and then act like he's tough **** in his post game interview. He wouldn't even look at a guy like methot when he was roughing up his teammates. Completely lousy and spineless human being.

Trae

Calgary
I never want to see subban anywhere near my team. The guy is as big of a loser as there is in the NHL. Only one of the biggest dbags ever would jump Kyle Turris, pound him, and then act like he's tough **** in his post game interview. He wouldn't even look at a guy like methot when he was roughing up his teammates. Completely lousy and spineless human being.

Tell us how you really feel

I'd take Subban in an instant.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Eller hasn't matched Glencross' production - not yet anyway. He was off to a good season last year, but let's see him do it for an entire year and afterwards. He's a good player, but I wouldn't say he has more value than Glencross. At best, their values are equal, but a case could be made for Glencross having more value given his all-around game (physicality, leadership, two-way style, etc.).
They had the same type of production last year + Eller's all-around game is also really good, physically and defensively. Just there, they're pretty much equal. Then you add youth and you'll understand why I consider Eller's value to be >>> Glencross's

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Why would we trade for Eller when we have an Eller clone in Backlund

Backlund has 62 points in 170 games for a ppg of .36

Eller has 77 points in 209 games for a ppg of .37

Now I know what your your going to say is that Eller broke out last season, well with Eller's PDO of 1032 versus Backlunds PDO of 964 means Eller is statistically "lucky" and Backlund is statistically "unlucky" last season which could explain a fair amount of Eller's .125 % more of productivity. Not to mention Eller had a higher offensive zone start and more ice time.

There is no way I trade Glencross for Eller when we have Backlund.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004

Now I know what your your going to say is that Eller broke out last season, well with Eller's PDO of 1032 versus Backlunds PDO of 964 means Eller is statistically "lucky" and Backlund is statistically "unlucky" last season which could explain a fair amount of Eller's .125 % more of productivity. Not to mention Eller had a higher offensive zone start and more ice time.

It's not about trading (and btw, it's a Flames fan who said it would take Eller or Eller+ to get Glencross), it's about value.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The dream deal would be Glencross and Stajan for Eller and a top prospect. Can you imagine?

Tbh, if such a trade were to ever occur, I'd rather leave out Eller and trade for Collberg. I was mad we took Janko over him at 21 last year. Eller is a fine young player, I wouldn't complain at all if we landed him, but we are deepest at center in the pipe, Collberg would fill a bigger need at RW.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Tbh, if such a trade were to ever occur, I'd rather leave out Eller and trade for Collberg. I was mad we took Janko over him at 21 last year. Eller is a fine young player, I wouldn't complain at all if we landed him, but we are deepest at center in the pipe, Collberg would fill a bigger need at RW.

That's very true.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Good, now tell your fellow flames fans to stop asking for him.

For what it's worth...I think Eller has more value simply for the fact that I think he will be a more valuable player in his prime than glencross is. Glenny is a great TWF. But so is Eller who is entering his prime and plays centre.

However, with the reality of glencross' unreal contract, the flames would be stupid to trade him for anything less then a gross overpayment. The guy is likely an alberta lifer, he loves it here, and his contract negotiations with ken king certainly prove that notion.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I would be willing to bet the GlenX retires a Flame when the time comes. The minute he is allowed to sign an extension he will.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fans on a team-devoted forum overstating the trade value of depth players? Well, I've never seen this before.

Feaster outright said on 960 that he was offered more for Glencross than Iginla. So he was offered at least a 1st and 2 B level prospects for him. Care to try again? He said he fielded calls from 25 GM's on Glencross. I think it's your perception that's off. Glencross does literally everything well and has been on pace for over 30 goals the past two seasons. Clarkson is a poor man's Glencross and look at what he got on the open market...

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Agreed, especially when we added lots of future 2way gritty centermen this summer. Backlund, Knight, Reinhart and Monahan will all be battling for ice time as 2way centermen. Monahan may have more upside than that, but I see him as a #2 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad