OT: Curse you, Woodhouse! CURSE YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
Thanks to these boards (and a bar and some alcohol), six years ago today I went on a first date with one of y'all (he's a mod) and now have a happy healthy marriage and two adorable rugrats. :)

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
Soliciting advice!

I have a part time photography business, and one of my clients wants to do a photo shoot in a "cool" location. We had originally planned on canal side but because of our session falling on a Thursday evening, we decided it to be smart to stay away from downtown Buffalo all together due to how crowded it will be. She is a mom with two young boys.

Any other "cool" locations you can think of? The last time she booked me, we did a session at a local park so I think she wants something a little different this time.

HELP!

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Soliciting advice!

I have a part time photography business, and one of my clients wants to do a photo shoot in a "cool" location. We had originally planned on canal side but because of our session falling on a Thursday evening, we decided it to be smart to stay away from downtown Buffalo all together due to how crowded it will be. She is a mom with two young boys.

Any other "cool" locations you can think of? The last time she booked me, we did a session at a local park so I think she wants something a little different this time.

HELP!

You can go to the other side of the canal by the Coast Guard post and walk down and shoot by the lighthouse. Still gives you the water but avoids the craziness of the other side with the concert. All you have to do is take the skyway and get off at the first exit and then the first exit out of the traffic circle. It's where I went yesterday to watch the "tall ship" come into the canal.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Soliciting advice!

HELP!

Chicago

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
WOODHOUSE

a

1037384498_a60207839a.jpg

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
PK .... Depending on the environment desired ....

Whirlpool state park. But walk down the steps and shoot right at the whirlpool edge

Botanical Gardens in Buffalo

OLV Basilica

Buffalo Central Terminal

Tifft Farm Nature Preserve

Various locations along the UB bike path

Buffalo Zoo

Lockport locks

Little bit of a drive ....

Thunder rocks in Allegheny

Various locations at Chautauqua lake

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Buffalo Central Terminal

Came here to post this. If you're looking for "cool," this is the place to go.

That said, if she's got two young boys with her, it may not be the safest place to be (lots of busted glass/rusted remnants of the building).

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
Came here to post this. If you're looking for "cool," this is the place to go.

That said, if she's got two young boys with her, it may not be the safest place to be (lots of busted glass/rusted remnants of the building).

I've never shot there before. Are there restrictions? Is it posted?

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I've never shot there before. Are there restrictions? Is it posted?

I've never had any problems walking in or around it, but I honestly don't know if it's posted or not. I have a few friends who are history buffs and shoot some photos, and typically, if they have a camera with them, they're in the clear.

Patrol cars check it out on occasion but we've never had any issues.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
I've never had any problems walking in or around it, but I honestly don't know if it's posted or not. I have a few friends who are history buffs and shoot some photos, and typically, if they have a camera with them, they're in the clear.

Patrol cars check it out on occasion but we've never had any issues.

I'll have to do some research. I'd hate to take a client to a posted property. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce