Currently Better: MacKinnon vs Matthews?

Who is currently the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reactions: AvroArrow

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Matthews has almost the same amount of goals as Mackinnon in 3 less years and has a better ppg than him as well.

Ppl need to get off their high horse here lol.

"Currently" better. I know as a Leaf fan you just see Matthews and click Matthews but get down off your high horse if you can't even bother to read the first word of the title.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
MacKinnon still drives play better overall and generally produces at a decently better pace. Matthews is the better goal-scorer, but MacKinnon creates more offense overall. Matthews is better defensively, but is probably mitigated by MacKinnon's overall possession numbers. Both among the very best but I think MacK is the clear choice.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Matthews has almost the same amount of goals as Mackinnon in 3 less years and has a better ppg than him as well.

Ppl need to get off their high horse here lol.
Who gives a toss about what happened 4-5 years ago when assesing who is better now? It's just a hilarious narrative to ping back to ppg.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
NHL Stats

Still pretty close

I'm aware of the stats. What you might not be aware of is the question raised in this poll. What either did in the past is completely irrelevant, but since you like to dwell in it, get back to us when Matthews actually reaches the heights Mack touched.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I'm aware of the stats. What you might not be aware of is the question raised in this poll. What either did in the past is completely irrelevant, but since you like to dwell in it, get back to us when Matthews actually reaches the heights Mack touched.

This was the last two years smart guy lol. This year and last year.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
By right now im assuming you mean this season? MacK by a small margin. I think he drives play more where as Matthews is more opportunistic. MacK has a slightly higher PPG.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Tough choice because they're both thoroughbreds. I voted for Nate because I think he drives the play better and he's been one of my favourites since he broke into the league. Gotta give credit where it's due though. If you want the best pure sniper/goal scorer in hockey right now, then Matthews is that guy.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews is the superior player in everything but playmaking.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Matthews is the superior player in everything but playmaking.

No he isn't.

This season Matthews has played over 100 more minutes, and has exactly one more point than Mackinnon, not to mention being clearly behind him in most of the underlying numbers.

The ONLY area Matthews is superior to Mackinnon is raw goal-scoring,. In all other areas Mackinnon is superior, but the gap in superiority has shrunk.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That's a dumb thing to say.

I'm a massive Leafs fan and I voted Mackinnon.

Seems like a broad generalization without any basis of fact, that statement.
You can literally confirm that fact yourself by looking at the usernames of people that votes Matthews.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Leafs fans can't decide which of goals or points matters with their players when it's Rants vs Marner it's points and playmaking that counts but when it's Matthews vs Mackinnon it's goals that counts.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad