Current top team likely to be upset in the playoffs?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like the way Winnipeg's team is built a lot, but they don't seem to have it this year. If they pull it together they'll go on a run again, but otherwise they might be a likely candidate for an upset.

Reactions: Benedict Kovalchuk

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I wanted to say Calgary but since you literally listed TEN teams I’ll play by the rules and say Vegas.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nobody is excited about playing either Pittsburgh or St. Louis in the 1st round. So whoever faces either of those.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would say anybody in the West because it's wide open, but at the same time, is that an upset?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Nobody is excited about playing either Pittsburgh or St. Louis in the 1st round. So whoever faces either of those.
I want Tampa in the first round. If the pens have what it takes they can win. Otherwise, who really cares about winning a round or two. Would rather have the rest.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I want Tampa in the first round. If the pens have what it takes they can win. Otherwise, who really cares about winning a round or two. Would rather have the rest.

I agree with you, but I'm also laughing, cause it's a mindset I think only fans of teams that have won the ultimate prize multiple times in quick succession can understand.

Most other fanbases are like 'What?! Give me the road to the WCF/ECF, I'll take my chances then!'

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Go back to September and tell me that the Isles losing in the first round of the playoffs would be an upset.
Times have changed and coach Trotz has a well oiled machine going in Long Island. It's a great story what the Islanders have done

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Isles just announced their first round home games will be played at the Coliseum. So yeah, good luck with that.
And who are they playing? What if it's Pittsburgh or Washington. Do you think where they play will make a difference to them. Experienced vs inexperienced.

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
In the future, I'll send all of my posts to you for pre-approval. Is there an e-mail address I should use?

Anyhow, I was critiquing your reasoning, since it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Are you not familiar with the concept of a discussion forum?

As for my opinion, I don't see how one can form a good opinion until the matchups are set.

So if you knew you didn't have an opinion, why did you decide to enter this thread?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And who are they playing? What if it's Pittsburgh or Washington. Do you think where they play will make a difference to them
I'll put it this way: besides Tampa I would expect them to beat any other team in the East you can name playing in Nassau.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I think leafs will get bounced by Boston again 3rd time. I would call this an upset because I'm sure majority will pick leafs this time around but that D looks like Swiss cheese to me still.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
4 of them will very likely be there. You need to win 4 games to advance. Do the math.
So according to your math as long as the islanders have home ice in every series they will win the cup unless they play tampa. Thanks for the lesson professor. :laugh:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto is the only correct answer here. I mean the best goalie, top10 defense, the best forwards, the cheapest contracts and so on. The upset is gonna be huge. Nothing to compare with. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Master P

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Upset implies there is a heavy favorite. I don't think that of those there are many who would be a heavy favorite over anyone aside from maybe someone in the west if they face a really bad team in their division like if Edmonton or the Avs manage to sneak in.

Really the only heavy favorite would be Tampa in every series so I have to say them.

agree. really only Tampa has separated themselves enough to be considered a favourite no matter the opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad