HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Wrong Way for Wright (mid-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Guhle or Mailloux might be, and Romanov I think will be a great #3.

Agree with Romanov, maybe more if he develop more his offensive ability. He got great shot and great passing ability. I want to see him on PP.

In junior, Guhle show that he got all tools of a top pairing defenseman. He is going to be at least a top 4 defenseman in NHL, he is too good. He is my favorite prospect. A stud.

Mailloux is very talented, big, tools are there to dominate at higher level. I think he is less "safer" than Romy and Guhle, but the potential is big, amazing value at #31 if he reach his potential.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Agree with Romanov, maybe more if he develop more his offensive ability. He got great shot and great passing ability. I want to see him on PP.

In junior, Guhle show that he got all tools of a top pairing defenseman. He is going to be at least a top 4 defenseman in NHL, he is too good. He is my favorite prospect. A stud.

Mailloux is very talented, big, tools are there to dominate at higher level. I think he is less "safer" than Romy and Guhle, but the potential is big, amazing value at #31 if he reach his potential.

I think Romanov can be a top pairing guy but maybe not under the current coaching staff, and he’s probably ideal as a no.3 with 2nd PP and PK minutes. We would need a dynamic offensive D if we can get one, but I’m happy trying to concentrate on talent up front.

Last edited:

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Just when I can't hate this team enough as is, they need to now start putting up meaningless points to screw our draft position.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If Hughes trade some player to a contender team at tdl, anyone think Nathan Gaucher could be the kind of big center Habs need? A perfect 2-way big center for the 2nd or 3rd center spot?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
No. They don't need another Poehling. Go upside.
You must be right. Any center with size is automaticly another Poehling. Because you are posting it and you never played nhl, you automaticly must be right. Habs identity must be the smallest possible, no grit, no hustle and injured more than often. That's what we want, keep it as it is. Let's draft another Ben Maxwell ! :D

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You must be right. Any center with size is automaticly another Poehling. Because you are posting it and you never played nhl, you automaticly must be right. Habs identity must be the smallest possible, no grit, no hustle and injured more than often. That's what we want, keep it as it is. Let's draft another Ben Maxwell ! :D

I've watched Gaucher play and you can read a thousand scouting reports and you'll get the same information. He's a two way center with a more defensive focus, he doesn't have great feet and his offensive game is limited. His placement in the rankings comes from being a reliable center with size who's got short handed points.

We are at the beginning of a rebuild and using a first round pick on a replica of multiple players already in our pool makes no sense. You could pick Kasper and get the same floor with far more upside, for example

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I've watched Gaucher play and you can read a thousand scouting reports and you'll get the same information. He's a two way center with a more defensive focus, he doesn't have great feet and his offensive game is limited. His placement in the rankings comes from being a reliable center with size who's got short handed points.

We are at the beginning of a rebuild and using a first round pick on a replica of multiple players already in our pool makes no sense. You could pick Kasper and get the same floor with far more upside, for example
It can be a matter of what he can developp. Of course I don't want another McCarron but at least Gaucher have some speed. I think we don't have much of the same in our system, we tend to have small players. Poehling have some size but he's not a giant either. We'll see what will happen but trading for a late first round player means we have to pick around 22th to 32th. Who's interresting there?

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It can be a matter of what he can developp. Of course I don't want another McCarron but at least Gaucher have some speed. I think we don't have much of the same in our system, we tend to have small players. Poehling have some size but he's not a giant either. We'll see what willd happen but trading for a late first round player means we have to pick around 22th to 32th. Who's interresting there?

Depends on how the board falls obviously but you could be looking at:
Jiri Kulich, Marco Kasper, Cutter Gauthier (he's rising so maybe not), Filip Mesar from a forward standpoint

Mateychuk, Mintyukov (riser), Lindgren, Korchinski, Pickering, on defense

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Depends on how the board falls obviously but you could be looking at:
Jiri Kulich, Marco Kasper, Cutter Gauthier (he's rising so maybe not), Filip Mesar from a forward standpoint

Mateychuk, Mintyukov (riser), Lindgren, Korchinski, Pickering, on defense
Good post. Why we don't have a pool about these choices if it's 80% chances a player like Chiarot or Petry or Allen might be trade at tdl? Why we only talk about Wright?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Good post. Why we don't have a pool about these choices if it's 80% chances a player like Chiarot or Petry or Allen might be trade at tdl? Why we only talk about Wright?

I think we'll get there once we know if we will have an additional first, or what picks we will have.. I think since we are focused so much in the more valuable pick and there's some jockeying to be done there, that a lot of attention is going to those prospects.

You also don't know what's realistic, but example, a couple months ago Gauthier and Mintyukov were mid-late firsts, and they seem to be going toward being in the conversation for the top 15.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I think we'll get there once we know if we will have an additional first, or what picks we will have.. I think since we are focused so much in the more valuable pick and there's some jockeying to be done there, that a lot of attention is going to those prospects.

You also don't know what's realistic, but example, a couple months ago Gauthier and Mintyukov were mid-late firsts, and they seem to be going toward being in the conversation for the top 15.
I know the listing change a lot this year. It's risky to pick a player that just went up because of recent games ...or the opposite. But Gaucher stayed the same in the listing, for whatever it can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad