HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Wrong Way for Wright (mid-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Entering the middle third of the season...

[Mod update]

Ground Rules:

If you want to cheer against your Habs so they can improve their draft position do it here.

If you root against the Habs in GDT's or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

This thread is a sanctuary for tankers.

Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

Tank you for your support.

Tank update:

Standing.JPG

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We play the flyers soon. They probably circled the date on their calendar and marked it as end of their losing stretch

Flyers play Vegas (loss), Arizona and NJD in their next 3 games before playing us. If they can't beat Coyotes, Flyers will be joining the bottom 5 fairly quickly.

Reactions: iamtalbot

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
@MarkovsKnee, re: Gally not wanting to be part of a rebuild. He didn’t outright say it, but it can be inferred I suppose:

Canadiens' Brendan Gallagher has high praise for Marc Bergevin | Montreal Gazette

“This is my 10th season now,” Gallagher said when asked about the possibility of a rebuild and whether he’d want to be around for it. “I’ve always come in with the expectations to win. I felt like my teammates had the same goal, I felt like management had the same goal and sometimes organizations go through those things. I guess those are conversations that would probably need to be had down the road. But for me, I play this game to win. It’s really the only way I can enjoy it.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
For this year, of course I'd want us to end with the highest pick we can, but wouldn't mind simply being in the top-5, loads of interesting players in the top-15. Sure hope we get at least another 1st and/or 2nd pick, we'll need them. But I hope they also have 2023 in mind if they acquire picks, I hope we'll target the lowest of the lows again, another potential quality draft, at the top at least, Michkov, Bedard, Benson, Yager, Fantili, Dvorsky, Lindstein, Carlsson...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
For this year, of course I'd want us to end with the highest pick we can, but wouldn't mind simply being in the top-5, loads of interesting players in the top-15. Sure hope we get at least another 1st and/or 2nd pick, we'll need them. But I hope they also have 2023 in mind if they acquire picks, I hope we'll target the lowest of the lows again, another potential quality draft, at the top at least, Michkov, Bedard, Benson, Yager, Fantili, Dvorsky, Lindstein, Carlsson...

I feel the same way but for me, #1 goal is to finish well inside the top-10. This guarantees we don’t lose our pick, even if some teams jump ahead.

But yeah, inside the top-5 is preferable. The great thing about how bad we are is we have needs everywhere. Needs and BPA may be one and the same no matter where we pick in that range.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
@MarkovsKnee, re: Gally not wanting to be part of a rebuild. He didn’t outright say it, but it can be inferred I suppose:

Canadiens' Brendan Gallagher has high praise for Marc Bergevin | Montreal Gazette

I think it also comes from here as well:

Brendan Gallagher: Gallagher has mused openly about not being interested in sticking around for a rebuild. He’s a heart-and-soul player (with great underlying numbers, so both camps go home happy here), would be tough to part with, but teams dream about having this type of player in the mix

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
It will be impossible to out tank the Coyotes. They are playing for .240. I don't remember a team below that since the Nordiques more than 30 years ago.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
It will be impossible to out tank the Coyotes. They are playing for .240. I don't remember a team below that since the Nordiques more than 30 years ago.
Wait didn't the trade we make with the Yotes stipulate that whoever has the HIGHER pick in the top 10 goes to the Habs? So if lets say both the Habs and Yotes are drawing for 1st overall even if the Yotes win that pick goes to us anyways? That's how I saw the trade unless someone can correct me.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Wait didn't the trade we make with the Yotes stipulate that whoever has the HIGHER pick in the top 10 goes to the Habs? So if lets say both the Habs and Yotes are drawing for 1st overall even if the Yotes win that pick goes to us anyways? That's how I saw the trade unless someone can correct me.

We traded whichever one of our first is highest unless it's top ten to the yotes for Dvorak. If one is top ten we keep it. If both are top ten we get the better one

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
It doesn't have anything to do with Arizona's pick. If either Montreal or Carolina’s pick ends up in the top-10, Arizona gets the lower pick. If neither pick is in the top-10, Arizona gets the higher pick. The way things are now, Arizona would get Carolina's pick.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
The Habs pick is top 10 protected.

If either Montreal's or Carolina's pick is 10 or earlier, Montreal keeps the earlier pick, and Arizona gets the higher one of the two. If Montreal's and Carolina's picks are both outside of the top 10, Arizona gets the earlier pick and Montreal gets the later pick.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

If either Montreal's or Carolina's pick is 10 or earlier, Montreal keeps the earlier pick, and Arizona gets the higher one of the two. If Montreal's and Carolina's picks are both outside of the top 10, Arizona gets the earlier pick and Montreal gets the later pick.

calculating-puzzled.gif

Reactions: dinodebino

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
We are so unlikely to get Wright. Even if we manage to out-tank the Coyotes, we’ll have a 1 in 6 shot (16.6%) at getting the 1st overall pick. It’s much more likely someone else gets it. We can’t get too attached to the idea of Shane Wright in Montreal.

If we stay at 31st, we’re guaranteed a top 4 pick which is great.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Just keep dressing up AHL's for the rest of the season please! A major rebuild is inevitable.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

Holy crap I had it all mixed up forget what I said whoops! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad