HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: "In 3 months, turn Wright" - Google Map edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Habs enter the final month of the season in a dogfight for the last spot.

Current Standings (April 9 )

standing.JPG

Trade Deadline: March 21

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support.

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited by a moderator:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Standing are now updated.

Like I said yesterday... PHI and BUF with 10 and 9 points difference, it's really good with 18 games remaining. So bottom 3-5 is very likely for Habs. That's a very good news.

Top 7 pick is likely lock. Habs can only lose 2 spot at draft.

Top 7 pick lock is:

1 - Wright.
2 - Cooley.
3 - Slafkovsky.
4 - Savoie.
5 - Nemec.
6 - Jiricek.
7 - Nazar.
8 - Kemell.

Lock. (they looks all really really good with big potential).

I don't want Geekie or Lambert (Like his talent tough) with that high pick.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So we are tied with Arizona with one more GP
2 pts back of Seattle

then
7 pts back of NJ & OTT
With 18 GP left if they keep on their current pace, they'd go 7-11. Which means the Habs would have to go 11-7 to pass both of those teams.

9 pts back of PHI
With 18 GP left if they keep on their current pace, they'd go 7-10-1. Which means the Habs would have to go 12-6 to pass Philly.

10 pts back of BUF.
With 18 GP left if they keep their current pace, they'd similarly go 7-10-1. Which means the Habs would have to go 12-5-1 to pass Buffalo.

I'd say CHI and above are out of reach now.

Someone can check my math since I'm bad at it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
7 pts back of NJ & OTT
With 18 GP left if they keep on their current pace, they'd go 7-11. Which means the Habs would have to go 11-7 to pass both of those teams.
The way the three teams are trending, I’m thinking this specific scenario looks likely.

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Really hope we can grab Mateychuk with our other 1st round pick. We desperately need an offensive defensemen and he seems to be the most dynamic one available in the 10-20 spot. Maybe even trade a second or two to move up…

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really hope we can grab Mateychuk with our other 1st round pick. We desperately need an offensive defensemen and he seems to be the most dynamic one available in the 10-20 spot. Maybe even trade a second or two to move up…

Korchinski is probably a more realistic target.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
2 pts back of Seattle

then
7 pts back of NJ & OTT

9 pts back of PHI
With 18 GP left if they keep on their current pace, they'd go 7-10-1. Which means the Habs would have to go 12-6 to pass Philly.

10 pts back of BUF.
With 18 GP left if they keep their current pace, they'd similarly go 7-10-1. Which means the Habs would have to go 12-5-1 to pass Buffalo.

Batherson should be back soon and that should give a boost to Ott. NJ have been playing some good hockey lately.

Philadelphia are very unpredictable.

Buffalo is another team that has been playing some good hockey lately.

I just don't see how Habs can catch up to Chicago.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
2 pts back of Seattle

then
7 pts back of NJ & OTT

9 pts back of PHI

10 pts back of BUF.

I really like the shedule of CHI too... they will play against :

2x Buffalo.
2x Arizona.
1x Seattle.
1x Flyers.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Batherson should be back soon and that should give a boost to Ott. NJ have been playing some good hockey lately.

Philadelphia are very unpredictable.

Buffalo is another team that has been playing some good hockey lately.

I just don't see how Habs can catch up to Chicago.

It's looking good so long as we lose the games we should coming up

Toronto
Florida
Tampa
Carolina

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I don't really buy the whole lottery rigging thing. It makes no sense when you look at the draft results of the last 10ish years. Why would Bettman allow Edmonton to get 4 first overall picks? Why would Bettman want to give Canadian franchises 2 of the biggest superstars in the new gen, 1 being the biggest and the other having a chance of going to play in Arizona, their home state, in 2016 which could've boosted that franchise, something Bettman has desperately been trying to do. Wouldn't they be better served in American markets that need a franchise level player to rejuvenate them like Pittsburg and Washington in 2004 and 2005? If I thought like Bettman and I could rig the lottery and the past 10ish years were the results I picked according to my biases, I'd look absolutely schizophrenic.

Canadian teams make up under 20% of the league and yet, since 2010, they've won the draft lottery over 40% of the time

In 2015, the next one came along (Mcdavid)...he was in all the radar since 2,3 years...

..and Siberia (Edmonton) won it.....

Bettamn's worst nighmare to welcome the new god of hockey...
Someome who are saying that the lottery is rig...you have to tell him one single name...Connor Mcdavid..

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Honestly, I think Mateychuk is way more dynamic and worth trading up for. If we needed to fill out the D prospects cupboard I would agree with you, but we really need elite talent above all else.
I'm not disagreeing with that assessment, I'm just meaning that I think Mateychuk comes off the board too early for trading up to be an option. Thus Korchinski is a more realistic target.

Reactions: habsfan891

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
2 pts back of Seattle

then
7 pts back of NJ & OTT

9 pts back of PHI

10 pts back of BUF.

Your math looks good. We would need to make up 8 pts or more in 18 games to not finish bottom 3. While that's not impossible, we would definitely need to go on a big streak.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
2 pts back of Seattle

then
7 pts back of NJ & OTT

9 pts back of PHI

10 pts back of BUF.

The big games will be against Ottawa (X2), NJD (X2), and Philly. At least split the Ottawa and NJD games and they most likely finish bottom 3.

Also to note half of the Habs final 18 games are against top 10 teams in the league, so it’s a tough schedule.

Every team also owns the tiebreak against the Habs by quite a bit so they would most likely need to pass them in the standings to move ahead.

Reactions: LaP

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There was a report after the TDL that said the Habs and Yotes had a deal to trade Weber's contract there, but the league stepped in to tell them not to do it because of the optics.

Whether it's true or not, we don't know. But a report did come out saying this.

Think it was Chris Johnston who reported it.

Makes no sense since they allowed the Little trade.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Makes no sense since they allowed the Little trade.

I know.

One poster said that it was because Weber is a high profile name and Little isn't. To which I replied it made no sense because we didn't hear this when the Yotes acquired Pronger's, Datsyuk's, and Hossa's contracts. They're as high profile or even more than Weber.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
2 pts back of Seattle

then
7 pts back of NJ & OTT

9 pts back of PHI

10 pts back of BUF.

I was never worried about Chicago too much we just need Philly and Ottawa to win some on our side and Seattle and Arizona in the west. If we split with Ottawa and keep that 7 point spread it will help tremendously particularly if our win is in OT and theirs is not. AS for Buffalo they've turned it around since they dropped those 10 points to us. GOOD GOOD

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know.

One poster said that it was because Weber is a high profile name and Little isn't. To which I replied it made no sense because we didn't hear this when the Yotes acquired Pronger's, Datsyuk's, and Hossa's contracts. They're as high profile or even more than Weber.

I'm usually give the benefit of doubt but with Bettman blocking Weber to the Coyotes, I'm a bit pissed off. I'll be even more pissed off if Weber is on LTIR before next season starts and we can't accrue cap space during the season. We will see how that plays out this summer.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad