HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: "In 3 months, turn Wright" - Google Map edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Habs enter the final month of the season in a dogfight for the last spot.

Current Standings (April 9 )

standing.JPG

Trade Deadline: March 21

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support.

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited by a moderator:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Great night for the tank. My father-in-law bought me a Habs shirt a few years ago for Xmas, he’s a Leafs fan and I swear he cursed it cause we always lost when I wore it and almost threw it out, wore it for the Panthers game, first time in a year. Will be wearing it down the stretch to help the cause

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Great night for the tank. My father-in-law bought me a Habs shirt a few years ago for Xmas, he’s a Leafs fan and I swear he cursed it cause we always lost when I wore it and almost threw it out, wore it for the Panthers game, first time in a year. Will be wearing it down the stretch to help the cause
You’re a good man

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
chicago wins

Getting pretty hard to catch them up now.
It's already going to be hard to catch Philly. If Philly even wins 6 of their next 18 games (0.333 P%), we will need to 22 points (0.611 P%) to catch them. Only 5 teams in the league have a point percentage greater than 0.611 and one team has a lower point percentage than 0.333 since MSL has been hired.

Now let's say New Jersey/Ottawa win 6 of their next 18 games, Habs will need 20 points (0.556 P%) to pass them which is a better rate than how we have played since MSL got hired.

In other words, we are already basically guaranteed a bottom 5 slot and are close to doing the same for a bottom 3 slot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Basically 4 wins separating us from 1-4 range to the Devils, Flyers, Sabres, Blackhawks.

4 wins in the difference over 19 games. For us to be in the 5-8 range, we need to play .550 hockey or more and the Devils, Flyers, Sabres, Blackhawks need to play really bad. Nervous but not that much... not yet anyways.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That’s a thing that happened or you’re just having fun with it?

There was a report after the TDL that said the Habs and Yotes had a deal to trade Weber's contract there, but the league stepped in to tell them not to do it because of the optics.

Whether it's true or not, we don't know. But a report did come out saying this.

Reactions: Gustave and Deebs

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Don’t worry. Bettman will make sure we don’t win the lottery.
I don't really buy the whole lottery rigging thing. It makes no sense when you look at the draft results of the last 10ish years. Why would Bettman allow Edmonton to get 4 first overall picks? Why would Bettman want to give Canadian franchises 2 of the biggest superstars in the new gen, 1 being the biggest and the other having a chance of going to play in Arizona, their home state, in 2016 which could've boosted that franchise, something Bettman has desperately been trying to do. Wouldn't they be better served in American markets that need a franchise level player to rejuvenate them like Pittsburg and Washington in 2004 and 2005? If I thought like Bettman and I could rig the lottery and the past 10ish years were the results I picked according to my biases, I'd look absolutely schizophrenic.

Canadian teams make up under 20% of the league and yet, since 2010, they've won the draft lottery over 40% of the time

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't really buy the whole lottery rigging thing. It makes no sense when you look at the draft results of the last 10ish years. Why would Bettman allow Edmonton to get 4 first overall picks? Why would Bettman want to give Canadian franchises 2 of the biggest superstars in the new gen, 1 being the biggest and the other having a chance of going to play in Arizona, their home state, in 2016 which could've boosted that franchise, something Bettman has desperately been trying to do. Wouldn't they be better served in American markets that need a franchise level player to rejuvenate them like Pittsburg and Washington in 2004 and 2005? If I thought like Bettman and I could rig the lottery and the past 10ish years were the results I picked according to my biases, I'd look absolutely schizophrenic.

Canadian teams make up under 20% of the league and yet, since 2010, they've won the draft lottery over 40% of the time

The only one that looked rigged was the Crosby lottery.. since then, you're right.. there's nothing to it.

Matthews would be in Arizona if that were the case.

Although I enjoy that the ball the guy dropped for the Lafreniere lottery ended up being the winner. Good for the conspiracy.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Standing are now updated.

Like I said yesterday... PHI and BUF with 10 and 9 points difference, it's really good with 18 games remaining. So bottom 3-5 is very likely for Habs. That's a very good news.

Top 7 pick is likely lock. Habs can only lose 2 spot at draft.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Any mention when the lottery draft is expected. I'm assuming right after the season ends /beg of playoffs end Apr/ Beg May?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad