HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Going the Wright Way - Top 7 pick Clinched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This is it! Season is almost done. Final 10 games. Last game is Friday, April 29th vs Florida at home.

The Standings as of April 20th:

standing.JPG

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support.

Last thread had hit 100 pages and 3k posts.
A refresh

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
NJ win was incredible for our tank command.
FOB t minus 10 games to tank.
Yes, 5 points at this stage is pretty tough to catch up too. It's down to Arizona, Montreal and Seattle as the bottom 3 again.

Seattle, Arizona and New Jersey all play Tuesday.

We're the only team to play Monday. We get Winnipeg at home and they are on a back-to-back.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yes, 5 points at this stage is pretty tough to catch up too. It's down to Arizona, Montreal and Seattle as the bottom 3 again.

Seattle, Arizona and New Jersey all play Tuesday.

We're the only team to play Monday. We get Winnipeg at home and they are on a back-to-back.
Also a rested Jets team will play a tired Sens team (who played the NYR tonight) tomorrow so advantage Jets with the rested Habs getting a tired Jets team on Monday with likely their backup goalie which isn't good.

This ol tank thing is quite exhausting. :)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
I see us most probably finish 3rd, arizona and seattle are too strong for us, tanking wise, and hoping we can hold on to the 5-6pts advantage to Philly and NJ in 10 remaining games

per tankathon the odds would be:
1st 10.9%
2nd 10.9%
3rd 7.0%
4th 39.7%
5th 31.5%

Reactions: themilosh

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I see us most probably finish 3rd, arizona and seattle are too strong for us, tanking wise, and hoping we can hold on to the 5-6pts advantage to Philly and NJ in 10 remaining games

1st 10.9%
2nd 10.9%
3rd 7.0%
4th 39.7%
5th 31.5%
That being said SEA has a better record than MTL over the past ten games… Always hope ;)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

1st 10.9%
2nd 10.9%
3rd 7.0%
4th 39.7%
5th 31.5%
Is that our odds? Looks like 4th for us. Nemec for me. Unless Cooley slides. Sometimes the top defenseman goes Higher than expected

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
As much as it will suck to have the 3rd slot heading into the lottery, the reality is we are simply not on the same level of suck as Seattle and Arizona. Brace yourselves, but we are likely picking 5th when it’s all said and done.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
So, winning the first pick between finishing 2nd and 3rd is only a 1.2% difference in odds? But finishing third gives us the highest chances of picking 4th/5th.

Considering Wright is #1 and 2-5 is really up in the air it won't be the end of the world finishing 2nd or 3rd. Obviously we want Wright but it will be up to the lotto gods, I doubt anyone finishes lower than ARI.

Reactions: Milhouse40 and expy

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
As much as it will suck to have the 3rd slot heading into the lottery, the reality is we are simply not on the same level of suck as Seattle and Arizona. Brace yourselves, but we are likely picking 5th when it’s all said and done.

Finishing 3rd doesn't prevent us from winning the lottery either, if you look at the last few years, it's most likely the team finishing 32nd won't have the 1st overall after the lottery.

Reactions: Redux91 and 1909

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The lottery can move you back 2 spots if you're unlucky.

To ensure a Top-10 pick, the highest the Habs can finish in the standings is 24th, where Buffalo sits 12 points up on the Habs.

To ensure a Top-5 pick, Habs have to finish 30th, which they realistically can.

If they end up finishing between 29th-24th, then if they move back 2 spots, they will be picking between 6th-10th.

The Devils sit in 29th place and are 5 points up on the Habs. So that is also not as big a gap.

If the lottery doesn't move anyone back and every team picks where they ended up, then the Habs can finish as high as 28th.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Allen is out the rest of the season and Price goes to Laval on a conditioning stint, they should end up pre lottery around 3rd or 4th I would think.

The Habs will finish pre lottery between 1-7th as there's no way we catch the Sabers as even if we win our game in hand we would still be 10 pts back with 9 games to play with 5 of them being tough ones vs Wild, Bos, Panthers, Caps, @ NYR.

If you look at the bottom 7 teams over their last 10 games they have picked up between 3 pts (Yotes) and 10 pts (Sea),

Sea - 10 pts
Sens - 9 pts
Habs - 8 pts
NJ - 7 pts
hawks - 6 pts
philly - 6 pts
yotes - 3 pts

The Habs had Allen for those 8 pts, I would be surprised if he plays any more games although I guess we'll see what happened. We have 1 back to back, NYI and Caps so Primeau would likely get NYI. Price of course is the unknown, do they push it with him, send him to Laval, (who has no goalies for tomorrow nights game that have played a game for them this season unless Poulin is back) so it's going to be interesting to see what they do.

If Monty gets the bulk of the remaining 10 starts, say he gets 8 of them, maybe they pick up 8 pts, as i'd guess between 6 and 10 pts at best. So I would guess we end up with around 57/58 pts which would likely put us pre lottery between 3rd or 4th.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Finishing 3rd doesn't prevent us from winning the lottery either, if you look at the last few years, it's most likely the team finishing 32nd won't have the 1st overall after the lottery.
For sure. Though usually two teams move up, so I think the most likely scenario is we will pick 5th.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Projecting the last 10 games over the final 10 games and we have
Arizona 54
Montreal 59
Seattle 62
New Jersey 63
Philadelphia 63

The big tank games to watch for will be Tuesday (12th) NJ vs Arizona, Saturday (16th) NJ vs Seattle, and our game against Philly on the 21st.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Depends where we finish, if we finish 1st or 2nd then yeah odds are we drop 2 spots. But if we finish 3rd to 7th odds are we drop 1 spot, then down at 8th the odds are you don't drop any spots.
Good info to know. I think finish 3rd last. Dropping one spot wouldn’t be the worst. If Jiricek comes back and shows he’s good to go then you have a big 4 at the top of this draft- and then some slick wingers behind them.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I don’t understand why in the world you have MORE chances to pick lower than your final rank. The lottery is a s**** show and the NHL is a freaking joke. It shouldn only count the top 10 and with lower odds

Reactions: McGuires Corndog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad