Pre-Game Talk: Current Road Trip

TylerSVT*

Sounds like Backlund is good to go tonight, took the optional skate and was apparently begging Hartley to let him play. Nice seeing him want to play.

He probably knows he is on a short leesh, last season Feaster said they wanted to send him down. This year he has been good, but injury prone. He needs to play in order to set himself up for a payday in the offseason.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Im happy to see Backlund in the line-up but I would also like to have Cervenka back as well. I think he has top 6 potential but it'll be hard to demote Comeau to the 4th line after his recent play.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Im happy to see Backlund in the line-up but I would also like to have Cervenka back as well. I think he has top 6 potential but it'll be hard to demote Comeau to the 4th line after his recent play.

It is either Cervenka or Backlund they are slotted for the same spot. And its official that it is Backlund playing.

Lines:
Alex Tanguay-Mike Cammalleri-Jarome Iginla
Curtis Glencross-Matt Stajan-Lee Stempniak
Jiri Hudler-Mikael Backlund-Blake Comeau
Brian McGrattan-Steve Begin-Tim Jackman

Jay Bouwmeester-T.J. Brodie
Mark Giordano-Dennis Wideman
Chris Butler-Derek Smith

Joey MacDonald
Danny Taylor

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
It is either Cervenka or Backlund they are slotted for the same spot. And its official that it is Backlund playing.

Not necessarily, I could see Cervenka playing RW on the third line instead of Comeau, but of course I understand why Hartley is going with Comeau at the moment.

TylerSVT*

Game tonight, whats the predictions?

Im hoping for a loss, Preds are in a bad way right now though.

2-1 Preds.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Game tonight, whats the predictions?

Im hoping for a loss, Preds are in a bad way right now though.

2-1 Preds.

This could actually be a really entertaining game... Playoff feel. It's absolutely must win for both teams. If Calgary loses tonight, I think it's the final nail in the coffin, and we officially become sellers.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
This could actually be a really entertaining game... Playoff feel. It's absolutely must win for both teams. If Calgary loses tonight, I think it's the final nail in the coffin, and we officially become sellers.

This statement right here means we will win. Backs against the wall for a good draft pick? Better play well and win.

We're almost in a playoff spot? Better lose.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
This statement right here means we will win. Backs against the wall for a good draft pick? Better play well and win.

We're almost in a playoff spot? Better lose.

tumblr_lk8mufglG71qfpzem.gif

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I've had enough of this team of losers. Sell off our assets already. We need to start creating a completely new identity. Even if we defy all odds and make it into 8th we shouldn't have a chance in hell against one of the real teams in the West.

TylerSVT*

I feel like ive heard this the last month or so.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
I've had enough of this team of losers. Sell off our assets already. We need to start creating a completely new identity. Even if we defy all odds and make it into 8th we shouldn't have a chance in hell against one of the real teams in the West.

If the Flames were to play at such a good clip from here on out that they somehow made the playoffs, they would definitely be a Stanley Cup threat. But they won't play at that clip. It's not a consideration at this point. It's a matter of how bad are we going to miss and is Feaster and co. willing to part with the big names.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Let Cervenka walk at the end of the year. There's nothing there.

There is skill there. I question the commitment to work out in the off-season. If I was Flames brass I'd bring him back if he'd spend his summer with Boyer. 5'11" 205 is pretty heavy for a guy without the biggest frame. If he's unwilling to make a supervised commitment to getting in great shape I'd let him walk too.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I strongly disagree, he clearly has the skill he just isn't in great shape and he is still in his first season on the small ice. I would play him consistently before I say there is nothing there.

Fair enough. Still has been very underwhelming. If he returns, I hope it's on another 1 year deal.

I don't put much into the "Best player not in the NHL" thing. Bottom line: NOT in the NHL.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Fair enough. Still has been very underwhelming. If he returns, I hope it's on another 1 year deal.

I don't put much into the "Best player not in the NHL" thing. Bottom line: NOT in the NHL.

The KHL is a much different style than the NHL though, there's always the uncertainty on how these players will adjust.. The skill is definitely there though.

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
0 - 2 so far boys

Good job tied for last in the Western Conference and 2nd last overall
Hopefully you keep it up and finally force management to change their strategy when it comes to building this team

Shiatting the bed for Seth!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad