Current Habs players or prospects who won the Memorial Cup.

Max et Guillaume

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
You're right on the first picture but not on the second one. They didn't change it to a C until just before the on ice ceremony to award the Cup. Before that it was the letter of the last name. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Damn my bad... now that you mention it, it's coming back to me. They actually changed the "G" to a "C" on the ice in front of the whole crowd. The little Filipino woman was on the ice, sewing away. it was a beautiful moment indeed.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Damn my bad... now that you mention it, it's coming back to me. They actually changed the "G" to a "C" on the ice in front of the whole crowd. The little Filipino woman was on the ice, sewing away. it was a beautiful moment indeed.

Yep. Funny story with that lady and how the "C" came about. Her daughter was in my class and she was bragging that whole week that her mom was going to be sewing a big "W" for winner on the jerseys right on the ice should the Rockets win. That Friday she came in all panicked. Someone had broken into their home and stole her sewing machine and took all the "W" stencils. Kept mumbling about how the team was going to be so disappointed. Anyways, as it turns out she had a crap pile of the letter "C" because the team had chosen to forgo choosing a captain that year. Management jumped all over the idea because not only could they crown everyone as a "champion", but that each of them were also "courageous" and a "competitor". I'll never forget it. Especially when they let her be the first to carry the Cup around the ice. I had tears.

Max et Guillaume

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Yep. Funny story with that lady and how the "C" came about. Her daughter was in my class and she was bragging that whole week that her mom was going to be sewing a big "W" for winner on the jerseys right on the ice should the Rockets win. That Friday she came in all panicked. Someone had broken into their home and stole her sewing machine and took all the "W" stencils. Kept mumbling about how the team was going to be so disappointed. Anyways, as it turns out she had a crap pile of the letter "C" because the team had chosen to forgo choosing a captain that year. Management jumped all over the idea because not only could they crown everyone as a "champion", but that each of them were also "courageous" and a "competitor". I'll never forget it. Especially when they let her be the first to carry the Cup around the ice. I had tears.

Well, I don't want to be "the guy who spreads rumours", but I did hear Bergevin was so impressed with the concept that he was going to do the same this year in Montreal. Instead of "courage" and "competitor", the C would stand for "Character". The only exception will be Subban, who will wear a T, signifying "Toro-Bread".

Take it for what it is, I can't confirm anything at this point...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad