Prospect Info: Current #2 overall poll and discussion

Who do you want the Devils to take at #2 assuming Wright goes 1st overall?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
There are more and more leaks in the habs media that the habs are leaning for Slafkovsky. Maybe it is bait for the devils or reality we will see tomorrow.

Well, that's somewhat disappointing to me if that's the way it turns out. I was convinced that they will definitely take Wright, and maybe they still will. If they don't, I would hope and expect that we take Wright.

Either way, this seems like a lot of smoke now for there to be nothing to it.

Reactions: glenwo2

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Devils interviewed all the top prospects. This is not news or subject to opinion or balderdashery. It’s all out there and open sourced, folks.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Greetings from the habs board.

From Renaud Lavoie - he has the largest following on social media among habs insiders, great connections with the old management. The new management is more tight lip, but the new head of communication is his old colleague Chantal Machabée so maybe Lavoie still has some inside scoop.

«S'il est repêché par les Canadiens, je vais être surpris, a indiqué Renaud Lavoie à La Dose. Ce gars-là n'a pas répondu aux attentes."

«Si les Canadiens repêchent Shane Wright, je serai content pour le kid, mais je serais très surpris. Je pense que je tomberais en bas de ma chaise.»

"If he (Wright) is drafted by the habs, I will be very surprised...this guy has not lived up to expectations

If the habs draft Shane Wright, I will be happy for the kid, but I will be very surprised. I think I would fall off my chair."

As a habs fan, I personally wanted Wright since he's a center and imo this is a 1a and 1b situation between Wright and Slaf, so just go with the center.

I know most of you want Slaf since he fits your core but some questions for you folks
- Who do you guys think is BPA?
- Is it a clear #1 vs #2 ranking or is it a 1a and 1b type situation this year? Maybe even 1c with Cooley
- Would you guys be happy with Wright or would you want to trade the pick?
- Do you think this is all smoke from the habs media + management to pry something out of NJ for a pick swap?

Slaf and the habs are meeting tomorrow morning as well

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
My Griffey and Bonds proposal:

Trade #20A and Holtz for Matthew Tkachuk
Trade Bratt to Ottawa for 7th overall (draft Cutter Gauterier)
Trade Zacha, Foote, 2023 2nd rounder for Tarasenko
Sign Johnny Gaudreau
Sign Husso

Gaudreau Hughes Tkachuk
Sharangovich Nico Mercer
Tatar Boqvist Tarasenko
Wood McLeod Bastian

Graves Hamilton
Siegenthaller Severson
Smith Ohutyuk/Bahl

Blackwood
Husso

That top line matches Marner/Matthews/Nylander in cost and adding a 7.5m winger to the 3rd line is a nice touch.

10530F7C-792A-436A-A156-6E528447C308.jpeg

FE490783-0DC6-4C39-83B3-ABFAC8489E93.jpeg

CEFC653F-90DE-401F-A63A-69B6B6F89864.jpeg

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Given Gorton is very much still involved in the pick selection here for Habs I lean heavily towards Slafkovsky given Gortons history. Lot of fire and not just smoke and media “lean” now where I don’t think it can be dismissed this might happen.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I know most of you want Slaf since he fits your core but some questions for you folks
- Is it a clear #1 vs #2 ranking or is it a 1a and 1b type situation this year? Maybe even 1c with Cooley
- Do you think this is all smoke from the habs media + management to pry something out of NJ for a pick swap?

I think it's a 1a / 1b situation at this juncture

I'd be very happy with wright

Could be smoke, could be true, could be just not talking. Not sure if it's about getting NJ to give up a pick or not.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Wright

Wright 1, Jiricek 2, Cooley 3. I'm pretty much alone in not having Slaf in my top 3 here. I might even have Nazar and Nemec ahead as well

Unless we could trade down for say 6+12 and grab Jiricek+ if he's on the board I'd just take Wright and be done with it

I don't think it's just smoke. I think the Habs are seriously considering Slaf

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The meltdown if the Habs take Slaf would be so funny to watch. A lot of them are basically like "give me Wright or give me death". It would only be outdone by my meltdown as we pass on Wright, Jiricek, Cooley, Nazar, Nemec to take Cutter or Kasper at 2OA.

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Greetings from the habs board.

From Renaud Lavoie - he has the largest following on social media among habs insiders, great connections with the old management. The new management is more tight lip, but the new head of communication is his old colleague Chantal Machabée so maybe Lavoie still has some inside scoop.

"If he (Wright) is drafted by the habs, I will be very surprised...this guy has not lived up to expectations

If the habs draft Shane Wright, I will be happy for the kid, but I will be very surprised. I think I would fall off my chair."

As a habs fan, I personally wanted Wright since he's a center and imo this is a 1a and 1b situation between Wright and Slaf, so just go with the center.

Slaf and the habs are meeting tomorrow morning as well

Just to give you an idea, we had a poll to see who we'd pick if we were the first pick:

The majority would pick Wright over Slaf.

I have a feeling that neither are going to be the best player out of this draft, but I think you have to go with the player(s) with the highest probabilities.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Unless we could trade down for say 6+12 and grab Jiricek+ if he's on the board I'd just take Wright and be done with it
Speaking of Columbus, I know I've asked this before, but didn't get a lot of answers, but would anyone here trade 2OA for Laine if the Habs took Slaf? Is that too much or too little? What if we added and also got their 12OA... something like Boqvist and Smith and let them reunite the brothers?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can see the Habs go Cooley before they go Slafkovsky.
Almost impossible to pass on a potential #1 C . Habs go Wright or Cooley.
Devils take Slafkovsky . Only way I’d move it is for Pastrnak or Tkachuck . Both are very unlikely. As far as trading down is concerned, I only trade down with knowing I can still pick Slaf. If not , don’t bother.

Just tossing this out there….. Would you guys do pick #2 for Hellebuyck and #14?
Im going to guess I’ll get a lot of responses like “ no F’ing way in hell”.
Chesley and Hellebuyck is nothing to sneeze at IMO.
Maybe Hellebuyck #14 plus something else ?

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Speaking of Columbus, I know I've asked this before, but didn't get a lot of answers, but would anyone here trade 2OA for Laine if the Habs took Slaf? Is that too much or too little? What if we added and also got their 12OA... something like Boqvist and Smith and let them reunite the brothers?
I'd probably do it for Laine and 6th O. Not sure about Laine + 12th O. That includes an extension for Laine. I'm really high on the players at the top, so it's a tough call for me.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Not really interested in that. Would rather just pick Wright. For 6 yeah I'd probably do it if we were able to pick Jiricek

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Devils take Slafkovsky . Only way I’d move it is for Pastrnak or Tkachuck . Both are very unlikely. As far as trading down is concerned, I only trade down with knowing I can still pick Slaf. If not , don’t bother.

I mean that's what you'd think but there seems to be a lot of smoke with Slaf

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I'm with you. As @StevenToddIves has said multiple times, MTL is very weak down the middle. Hard to see them pass up on the possibility of having a very good 1-2 centre punch in Wright-Cooley/Suzuki. Top C's are very hard to acquire, hence why they're very valuable in the draft.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
I'm just lukewarm on Wright as a prospect. I'd prefer Slafkovsky, Cooley, Jiricek and Nemec over him personally. I'd imagine a trade back would get you good value as well and you could potentially pick up one of those guys along with an extra 2nd round pick or something equivalent.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad