curious thinking on a trade......

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
ok guys im not saying go and make a bunch of trades but one guy i watched very closely in last years draft was nichuskin i LOVE the way he plays he's got one great hands and speed for a guy his size kinda like a lindros without concussions and ridiculous value to the league, although he's a Russian id live for him to play in philly, what do you guys think the trade or offer would look like if we went after him??

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The Flyers would need an overpayment to land them Nichushkin. Dallas and the whole league holds him in pretty high regards. He is arguably the most talented Russian product since Malkin. He will not end up being as good as Malkin, but it certainly says he could be very good. But I am pretty clueless on his value. I would assume a fair trade would be something like...

To DAL
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
2014 2nd round pick.

To PHL

Nichushkin

I believe this is a slight overpayment but, it would probably take at least this to get a deal done.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
^
That is much more than over payment

It would be very hard to pry him away from Dallas. Maybe take away the second rounder. But, I believe Nichushkin has more value than B. Schenn but, maybe less than B. Schenn + L. Schenn.

Nor, do I really want Nichushkin, I would much rather trade Schenn and L. Schenn for a young defenseman, like Faulk or Voynov.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It would be very hard to pry him away from Dallas. Maybe take away the second rounder. But, I believe Nichushkin has more value than B. Schenn but, maybe less than B. Schenn + L. Schenn.

Nor, do I really want Nichushkin, I would much rather trade Schenn and L. Schenn for a young defenseman, like Faulk or Voynov.

I'm glad you have no input on actual trades... :shakehead

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
The Flyers would need an overpayment to land them Nichushkin. Dallas and the whole league holds him in pretty high regards. He is arguably the most talented Russian product since Malkin. He will not end up being as good as Malkin, but it certainly says he could be very good. But I am pretty clueless on his value. I would assume a fair trade would be something like...

To DAL
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
2014 2nd round pick.

To PHL

Nichushkin

I believe this is a slight overpayment but, it would probably take at least this to get a deal done.

I think Yak is generally held a step above. I do like Nichushkin though, would love to get him in a trade seeing as he's exactly what we're lacking.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Would take Nich over Yak any day of the week, hes bigger and faster and more committed to the game. + he's a Flyers fan.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It would take a lot to pry him out of Dallas. He's basically a non-***** version of Rick Nash.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Flyers had Nichushkin like 21st in the draft--way lower than most other teams. Whether it was purely the anti-Russian bias, or whether they see some holes in his game, it doesn't seem likely that they'd make a play for him now.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Not going to happen any time soon. Teams typically do not trade their first round draft pick less than a year after making the pick unless it is for a ridiculous overpayment or it is part of something huge like landing a guy like Weber or something. So in short, say goodbye to Giroux or say goodbye to Couturier or Schenn +. In other words...not going to happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
^
That is much more than over payment

Right now, if the question is 'what does it take to get him' that's probably what it takes to get him. Whether or not it's an overpayment is a different issue.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The proposed deal sounds like massive overpayment now but just wait for a couple of years until Nishuskin has established himself in the league...

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The proposed deal sounds like massive overpayment now but just wait for a couple of years until Nishuskin has established himself in the league...

At which point, B. Schenn will also have established himself, and we'll have a better handle on what Luke is. It may very well still sound like an overpayment then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad