Cup's Early Mock NHL Entry Draft 2007 - Drafting Thread.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's been ~24 hours since Edmonton selected Cherepanov with the third pick. If I'm Chicago, I take JVR here.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
It's been 25 hours and 10 minutes, so Chicago is most definitely off the clock. I second JVR. All we need is a third poster to confirm it and it's done.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
he's the subject of my avatar for a reason. without hesitation, yotes take jakub voracek.

ididitlangway has been PM'd for the next pick

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Washington Capitals are pleased to select, from the Calgary Hitmen, defenseman Karl Alzner.

fong p88 is up next with Florida's pick.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
The Florida Panthers from the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey league. Defenseman Keaton Ellerby

pm sent to prussian blue

ellerby1.jpg

Last edited:

habs91

Jun 1, 2006
Cup had my list, I sent it through pm and he sent me an a-okay back, cause I knew I was moving yesterday and today... Chicago proudly selects Logan Couture...

Too late, Van Riemsdyk got picked for you.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
ReLyT said:
But I had my pick in a day in advance...

Cup said:
The Rules:

Each GM has 24 hours to select or their turn will be taken for them based on a three post consensus pick conducted by other GM’s. If you know that you will be unable to pick send your pick to the GM just ahead of you or the GM just after you or myself.

I need a ruling on this before I announce my selection.

ReLyT apparently intended to draft Couture; Chicago was assigned van Riemsdyk due to ReLyT's absence from the board.

ReLyT apparently submitted a draft list to Cup, in light of the fact that he (ReLyT) knew he might not be available to make his pick within the 24-hour time limit.

Sorry, guys and gals, but I'm not making a pick until Cup, or whomever he has designated as his "offical" substitute in his absence, makes a ruling on which player -- van Riemsdyk or Couture -- is the "official" property of the Hawks for purposes of this draft.

Sorry, but I also can't accept anyone being assigned to the Blues on my behalf until this ruling comes down, either. I'm sorry to hold up the draft, but this is too important to just gloss over.

The three-GM consensus has validity, but ReLyT's statement that he did in fact submit his list to Cup in advance, knowing that he (ReLyT) could be unavailable for his selection, should also be given the same consideration and assume the same validity, IMO.

P_B

:bb:

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Sorry, but I also can't accept anyone being assigned to the Blues on my behalf until this ruling comes down, either. I'm sorry to hold up the draft, but this is too important to just gloss over.

The three-GM consensus has validity, but ReLyT's statement that he did in fact submit his list to Cup in advance, knowing that he (ReLyT) could be unavailable for his selection, should also be given the same consideration and assume the same validity, IMO.
I agree, and if Couture does go fourth to Chicago then we should have each subsequent GM confirm whether or not they still want who they had chosen with JVR off the board. With JVR still available, one of the fifth to seventh GMs might have otherwise taken him.

Mr. Bugg is supposed to be filling in for Cup but must not have known about this or else he wouldn't have made the proxy vote for JVR. Cup posted here yesterday during the day and at night (while Chicago was on the board), so I'm not sure why Chicago's pick wasn't announced then. Cup isn't due back until Monday, based on his earlier post...

Roger's Pancreas*

Discussion is what this place is all about isn't it?:)

The Flyers also have skilled centers in Carter and Richards..some would wonder why would they need another? You need four wingers on the top two lines...Kane, Gagner, perhaps Giroux some day, perhaps Downey...

I see Kane being a top-line winger in the NHL before Giroux and Downey, and given that Philly will be adding some front-line players in free agency more than likely with the cash they'll have freed up, I'm sure Snider would like to make an impact sooner rather than later to keep the fan base appeased. Same goes with Holmgren if he is still the GM at draft time - he'll want to rebuild Philly sooner rather than later.

If Philly can add two good forwards and a couple of defencemen in the offseason for example, plus adding Kane to the lineup and having Biron/Nittymaki in nets by the look of things..the Flyers could get good in a hurry.

I think Kane will play in the NHL next season.
It's Downie.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Yep, I'm the designate.

Cup never made mention of this list, so he probably did forget. Chicago can have Couture, since they played by the rules and were nice enough to make their pick in advance.

If the other teams want to change their picks, I apologize on behalf of Cup. We were starting to make some nice time.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Mr Bugg said:
Yep, I'm the designate.

Cup never made mention of this list, so he probably did forget. Chicago can have Couture, since they played by the rules and were nice enough to make their pick in advance.

If the other teams want to change their picks, I apologize on behalf of Cup. We were starting to make some nice time.

OK, so how much time do we give the other GM's now to make up their minds if they want to keep the players they chose previously, or change their pick?

This really opened a can of worms, didn't it... sorry, all.

P_B

:bb:

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
We should probably PM the other GMs that they can change their picks if they want, some of them may not be checking this thread again for a while if they don't have to pick again until the next round.

Edit: Looks like one of them already beat me to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad