Confirmed with Link: Cup Parade scheduled

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The feeling is unreal, 3 days (or whatever days later) I'm still in some kind of trance. I've listened to gloria like 90000 times and still can't get enough.
I keep rewatching the Urinating Tree's video again and again from the beginning. All that pain just goes away.

I hope most of you guys are getting happily wasted there in St. Louis. We ****ing did it,

I think he started his video to dump on St Louis then edited it as a Congrats video. Where is the Boston one? He wasn’t ready.

Reactions: Punished ROR

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The only issue I had was potentially spraying alchohol on kids, that's it.

As for Hull, I expected nothing less. It was glorious.

there was a picture of a newborn baby taken from inside the cup and you can literally see beer/alcohol all around the cup

@Ranksu is right, the parents that allowed that are totally braindead

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
For as many people that were there, I thought we did fine. We certainly weren't acting like idiots razing the grounds, setting property on fire or even hanging from stop light posts and whatnot.

So, a few drunken f-bombs, a middle finger, and a bunch of singing and dancing enhanced by alcohol? Not a big deal in the slightest.

On the whole, I'd call it a pretty peaceful celebration where an organization, it's fans and the entire city exorcised their demons of 50+ years. So they'll have to forgive us for blowing off some steam.

Much ado about nothing. We're the Stanley Cup Champions.

Last edited:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I'm a Pens fan, seen a few of these parades, and fully realize my $.02 doesn't matter. But here it is!

These guys go through months of an extremely demanding, I'd say grueling
physical and mental schedule. They punish their bodies and play through injuries and pain. Why not blow off some steam? They deserve it. And remember these guys are mostly in their 20s, exuberance come naturally to them! Think it's fun to watch.

Congrats to them and the great city of St. Louis!!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Boston sports fans are the actual worst and this is why nobody wants them to win. They deserve 100 year curses on their teams.
Have to say I agree with this, that Boston sports fans are the literal worst, and I'm a huge Red Sox fan.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
The whole "act like a role model"

I wonder if kids are like,

"One day I could be good friends with one of the true murderous, villainous thugs of world history like Ovechkin is! Ovie is buddies with a dude who murders journalists & political threats! One day me too!"
As long as they don't drink too much in public that's fine. Gotta keep it classy!!

Reactions: Novacain

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
I was there and right next to the barriers near the end of the parade. Tarasenko walked the cup by and let people touch it. Everyone started storming the front where I was (I was about theoretically 2nd row) so I didn’t get to touch it. Wasn’t really too concerned about it. Best part was Schenn handing a dude on a post next to me his bottle of champagne, where I was then sprayed. Having a VERY drunk Dunn and Blais in front of me was classic. And Borts picking up someone’s kid and carrying him around for a bit was cool too. So many more experiences but those were the ones that came to me.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
For as many people that were there, I thought we did fine. We certainly weren't acting like idiots razing the grounds, setting property on fire or even hanging from stop light posts and whatnot.

So, a few drunken f-bombs, a middle finger, and a bunch of singing and dancing enhanced by alcohol? Not a big deal in the slightest.

On the whole, I'd call it a pretty peaceful celebration where an organization, it's fans and the entire city exorcised their demons of 50+ years. So they'll have to forgive us for blowing off some steam.

Much ado about nothing. We're the Stanley Cup Champions.
I heard there were no arrests, which is pretty surprising.

But, being down there, people were being cordial. Lots of stranger high fives.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I heard there were no arrests, which is pretty surprising.

But, being down there, people were being cordial. Lots of stranger high fives.
You should see that vid I posted of Downtown STL after Game 7, thousands of random people high fiving in the streets singing, dancing fire trucks and police cars doing Lets Go Blues on their sirens. Police high fiving people walking by as they were trying to help direct traffic. It was amazing, and all positive. No video of people trying to flip cars, set shit on fire, or trying to loot.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
You should see that vid I posted of Downtown STL after Game 7, thousands of random people high fiving in the streets singing, dancing fire trucks and police cars doing Lets Go Blues on their sirens. Police high fiving people walking by as they were trying to help direct traffic. It was amazing, and all positive. No video of people trying to flip cars, set **** on fire, or trying to loot.

Hockey fans don't flip cars, set cars on fire, or loot stores. :thumbd:

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi
Dec 15, 2002
Has anyone checked on Brett today?
I just saw him in the staging area for the parade, and he was well smashed already. I'm guessing that isn't sleeping off in a night or three. I think it's more likely we hear his liver just exploded and he's on dialysis waiting for a transplant.

great the robert thomas was able to walk freely around downing brews with the boys
If I don't have a picture of Thomas downing a Bud Light, my buddy I was with has it. I'm pretty sure no one was checking IDs to say, "well golly gee, we need to make sure everyone imbibing in alcoholic beverages is of age so that we don't ruin the moral character of society or put them on a path to self-destruction."

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Please...give it up.

Be happy.

The only complaints I've heard are yours.

The only thing that annoyed me was the heroin junkie that stood next to us. Put me on edge the whole parade. This was out of my control. I guess I could have moved, but we had a good view only one deep from the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Is Sunny okay?

He looked smashed by the end of the parade.

This was a Budweiser sponsored event it appears...so the beer was flowing like water....

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Please...give it up.

Be happy.

The only complaints I've heard are yours.

The only thing that annoyed me was the heroin junkie that stood next to us. Put me on edge the whole parade. This was out of my control. I guess I could have moved, but we had a good view only one deep from the fence.
you just dont visit other boards or sites. seen numerous post on main board here, twitter, reddit and on stltoday boards blasting the rally and especially for giving hull a mic in his state. and even if i was the ONLY one, who cares seeing as people are entitled to their own opinions. i simply said the parade was cool but the rally was totally classless and it was. anyone who thinks that rally had class in it is probably still hungover.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
you just dont visit other boards or sites. seen numerous post on main board here, twitter, reddit and on stltoday boards blasting the rally and especially for giving hull a mic in his state. and even if i was the ONLY one, who cares seeing as people are entitled to their own opinions. i simply said the parade was cool but the rally was totally classless and it was. anyone who thinks that rally had class in it is probably still hungover.

Have you watched any other Stanley Cup Rally? Look at last Years winners the Washington Capitials, the Second name the called CHUGGED a beer on stage. The Hull situation, He was not given the mic, Hull forced himself up there really and who is going to stop Brett Hull from talking regardless? Yes he shouldn't been up there but at the same time who is going to stop him once he got there? Fans watching regardless of his state is going to want to hear from the guy because most wouldn't have known UNTIL he started speaking. So many just love to nit pick at everything regardless. There is a lot of people anywhere who spend all there lives complaining but never enjoy anything. When you win the first title ever in a 52 year franchise, anybody will party hard and the thing is, they didn't and haven't stopped.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad