GDT: Cup Champs v. Blues: Sunday, Sept. 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Are you saying Hunter is hard to dislike if you followed his entire career? If so I disagree. I followed him through his entire NHL career. Hated him with Quebec. Hated the trade. Once he became a Cap I really tried to like him. I actually did start to like him as a player until the Turgeon incident. I thought he went way too far. He went well beyond crossing the line.

At least you’re in the extreme minority.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wilson really needs to dial it down. He would be such a perfect player if he took that **** out of his game. I don't think he will ever learn, unless the league hits him with a 10+ game suspension.
People forget that Ovie almost killed a former teammate early in his career and still threw questionable hits for years after. If hitting is a big part of your game it’s tough to figure out how to keep it without getting in trouble. Willy threw a big hit. He didn’t “target” the head because contrary to what the mains think he’s not a headhunter. He’s a huge kid with a lot of force. He’s been focused on improving his skill and defensive game and he has succeeded in that. Now he needs to focus on modifying his hitting game. And I think he will. Meanwhile the Blues player seems to be fine. The suspension will be a bummer but ultimately this all much ado about very little, IMO.

P.S. I’ll still be wearing his sweater tonight.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I was thinking about that same. We were DAMN lucky that Ovi didn't get suspended more than he has in his career. He would launch up into and thru his hits at times. Most times it was just sheer force. Maybe the league had half a brain and realized that Ovi being Ovi was what was spearheading the leagues marketing efforts for them. It is still remarkable how many years it took for them to try to market him. In his prime, PenBC would do documentaries on S1d during Caps games, and ignore the most dominant goal scorer and player in the game. Even when S1d was out concussed.

It must be hard to hit a moving target and be able to guarantee that their head will not be contacted in any way. The only way to ensure it IMO, is to hit below the sternum, or not hit at all.

Most players have decided to not hit at all which makes for a long preseason to fans of ole time he just got his bell rung ;) folk like me. I want hitting, emotions, scrums, goals, saves, horrid officiating, and want the characters back in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad