GDT: Cup Champs v. Blues: Sunday, Sept. 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
No injuries please.

A rare game that works for my time zone, a W would be a nice bonus too .

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Kuzy/Stephenson as a 3rd wave PKer is intriguing. Still unsure of our 1st wave, but Eller/Wilson is a legitimate contender to be the best zone-denial PK combo in the league.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Holtby being really aggressive with the puck handling tonight. Curious if Reirden wants to bring that out of him more than we've seen for the past few seasons.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I keep going back to how different the roster is at the begging and end of each year. I’m hoping by the playoffs we have a better option then dowd

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Dowd is garbage

I don't know everything about hockey (although I think I do) but can someone explain to me how Dowd gets a spot over say Megna or even Phino?

Is it waiver stuff, is it as simple as right/left-handed centers? Salaries are basically the same so honestly I would have given Phino the job based on the games I saw (all of them), and the two practices I went to.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't know everything about hockey (although I think I do) but can someone explain to me how Dowd gets a spot over say Megna or even Phino?

Is it waiver stuff, is it as simple as right/left-handed centers? Salaries are basically the same so honestly I would have given Phino the job based on the games I saw (all of them), and the two practices I went to.
Pinho's upside is being a player similar to Dowd without the agitation. So that's understandable to me. Megna is the same age as Dowd, and while he's outplayed Dowd this pre-season, perhaps they're looking at prior track record.

Reactions: Sam Spade

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Well, Wilson is likely getting suspended there, so... more short term opportunities for some young forwards...

Reactions: searle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->