GDT: Cup Champs in Quebec City v. Habs: Thurs, Sept. 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Some good things from Walker & Pilon I guess but it's been a very boring push from the roster hopefuls thus far overall.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm already tired of the rooks.

parents.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's pre season. The team isn't playing. Any regulars are often working on specific things rather than best results.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I saw Reirden mention Lewington today, never heard of him before, not doing too well. The only guys who impressed me were Alexeyev and Sutter, also Clark and Pilon looked ok.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
It's pre season. The team isn't playing. Any regulars are often working on specific things rather than best results.

While true so is the other team. So far our guys have looked worse than the other guys for about 6/7 periods. And I’m not exactly seeing any of the young guys shine, or vets look sharp

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hockey is an aggregate sport. Trying to glean too much from 1-2 preseason games for a rookie isn't a good idea. I'll take practices and the body of work these guys put in over the course of an AHL/Junior season over this weird mutant games where there is zero chemistry.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
I saw Reirden mention Lewington today, never heard of him before, not doing too well. The only guys who impressed me were Alexeyev and Sutter, also Clark and Pilon looked ok.

While true so is the other team. So far our guys have looked worse than the other guys for about 6/7 periods. And I’m not exactly seeing any of the young guys shine, or vets look sharp

Barber had nine shots and a sweet deflection goal while fighting off a defender last game.

Reactions: Silky mitts

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

1. Hockey is a game of commitment. 9 10ths beats 8 10ths everytime.
2. The Caps have how may legit roster spots open? Montreal sucked. They have real roster spots in play.

Or....they are doomed.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
1. Hockey is a game of commitment. 9 10ths beats 8 10ths everytime.
2. The Caps have how may legit roster spots open? Montreal sucked. They have real roster spots in play.

Or....they are doomed.

I’m sure that is a factor, not much playing for spots. I’m not worried nor do I care about the end score. But I’m not going to ignore that they don’t look good. I would like to see a little better play.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I’m sure that is a factor, not much playing for spots. I’m not worried nor do I care about the end score. But I’m not going to ignore that they don’t look good. I would like to see a little better play.

I get it. Its pre season. I cant see the games. So I wont see better or worse play. Question. When do you think the real power play unit and real penalty kill groups will play with Holtby in net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad