GDT: Cup Champs in Quebec City v. Habs: Thurs, Sept. 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
AJF looks like he will need a bit of seasoning in Hershey. Very fast but looks a bit lost IMO
You didnt think he would make the jump to the NHL this season? He will likely need a couple years in Hershey.
The guy I'm most interested in, in this game is Hobbs.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I get it. Its pre season. I cant see the games. So I wont see better or worse play. Question. When do you think the real power play unit and real penalty kill groups will play with Holtby in net?

Game one I would assume. Right now they only thing getting us on the board at all is ovie/kuzy on the pp

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
You didnt think he would make the jump to the NHL this season? He will likely need a couple years in Hershey.
The guy I'm most interested in, in this game is Hobbs.
I was skeptical that he could make the jump right into the NHL but there was a bit of hype after the season he had last year in Europe. Hobbs had another solid game. Really excited to see what he brings playing top minutes in Hershey

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I was skeptical that he could make the jump right into the NHL but there was a bit of hype after the season he had last year in Europe. Hobbs had another solid game. Really excited to see what he brings playing top minutes in Hershey
So far I think Hobbs is looking decent. Probably another year away but he could end up being our top prospect.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's pre-season for everybody. Some of us are still shaking the rust off our wit.

I started typing with some friends for about an hour a day a few weeks ago so I would be up to speed now. Just some short sentences, smart ass comments, light critiques of players. I feel like it really helped my posting game heading into camp.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm holding out until the regular season. Not happy with the Franchise Smartass tag.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
AJF looks like he will need a bit of seasoning in Hershey. Very fast but looks a bit lost IMO
I feel like he's going to get a lot of breakaways, maybe Oshie can teach him some moves - don't want him to end up like Grabner wasting them all....

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Really liking Hobbs.

I've been touting Hobbs (along with Sieg and Johannsen) since he broke the Pats goal record. He has a bomb of a shot and gets it on net. I really hope nothing holds him back from getting a shot.

upload_2018-9-21_8-34-2.jpeg
;)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I've been touting Hobbs (along with Sieg and Johannsen) since he broke the Pats goal record. He has a bomb of a shot and gets it on net. I really hope nothing holds him back from getting a shot.

View attachment 141195 ;)
You obviously mean he broke the Pats goal scoring record for defence men. He does have a bomb of a shot.
What could hold him back is his play in the defensive zone. If the Caps keep their dcore together he might have a shot at being on the 3rd pair. Being Carlson and Niskanen.

Reactions: Sam Spade

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oh lawdy don't say that. I got torched for comparing him to a non-soft, sloppy skating Green a couple years back while he was still in juniors. :rolleyes:
Green is probably the closet comparison I can think of. That's why I say that Hobbs needs to improve defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->