Post-Game Talk: Cup Champions vs. The McJesus’ Team

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Wow - isn't that very "un-Backstrom like"?
I was sitting at opposite blue line from Caps D zone in 3rd, and was pretty surprised by that. Maybe Nuge embellished, but I only suggest that cuz the hit was so un-Nicky like. Nick's line did do a good job against McJesus, Nuge, and Other Dude 5x5 all night

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
At least there is no need to force Samsonov to the NHL yet. Copley can hold the fort for some time.

But this win was... kinda meh. I didn't get a feel Edmonton is dangerous. Kinda weak. Will wait for better clubs as a litmus test of coming together.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I was sitting at opposite blue line from Caps D zone in 3rd, and was pretty surprised by that. Maybe Nuge embellished, but I only suggest that cuz the hit was so un-Nicky like. Nick's line did do a good job against McJesus, Nuge, and Other Dude 5x5 all night
I thought it was a bad hit but saw a replay from a different angle and changed my mind. It wasnt a bad hit.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
At least there is no need to force Samsonov to the NHL yet. Copley can hold the fort for some time.

But this win was... kinda meh. I didn't get a feel Edmonton is dangerous. Kinda weak. Will wait for better clubs as a litmus test of coming together.
They contained Mcdavid fairly well. That's about all you have to do to beat the Oilers.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Caps won easy, got outshot by 10, 42% on faceoffs, refs didn’t do them any favors, with their backup goalie, that’s inevitable when the 4th line has you up 2-0 by the 1st commercial though, they must have Vranad to get off to a fast start

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Was at the game as well. I Liked all the renovations to the arena they were pretty nice. EDM didn't impress me, McDavid didn't do much other then the gift PP.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its one game. And he wasnt spectacular by any means. He played well but gave up some juicy rebounds. The defense helped him out tonight.

He is the backup goalie. Philip Grubauer was a gonna be #1 coming up and not a real backup goalie. Copley played like a solid backup goalie? What the hell are you expecting?? George Vezina??? Erratic rebound control is part of playing once in a while.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Who needs Holtby when you have Copley?

Typical Tex post is typical.

Justin Peters was awful. This was a solid backup goalie game that followed another solid backup goalie game in Calgary. He has 2 wins in a row. Considering the Caps overall record I'd say that is respectable. Are we forgetting the Calgary game already?

On another subject. TJ Oshie. Stud.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Jaskin is a beast. He's a bit slow and you wish he had better hands but I can't remember the last time I saw a player that dominant along the boards and protecting the puck. He seems like a really solid pick up.

Jaskin's early play reminds me of how Kempny performed in his first few outings. Idk how much he played in the preseason, but now he has a bunch of games that count under his belt and is more familiar with the Caps' system and his mates' tendencies. Frequent changes of linemates can't make it any easier on him. "Solid" seems like an apt descriptor. Good for the Caps to have a player like him available. Contrast his play with Bura's.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He is the backup goalie. Philip Grubauer was a gonna be #1 coming up and not a real backup goalie. Copley played like a solid backup goalie? What the hell are you expecting?? George Vezina??? Erratic rebound control is part of playing once in a while.
You still think Grubauer is going to be a #1?
Copley played fine but he is not a great technical goalie.

Reactions: rlkaejrl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad