Waived: Cumiskey

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Not sure how to word it, but if you go to capgeek, it tells you how much we can acquire at the deadline. Right now it says we can acquire a player who makes 773k, but that's without sending Cumiskey down.

Thanks. I would have thought that it would have been a lot more.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
With all the defensemen in Rockford now its hard to see how young guys like Pokka and Fournier will have a chance to play and develop.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Brennan, Cumiskey, Pokka, Clendening, Johns, Svedberg, Dahlbeck, Fournier

Is Cumiskey now a healthy scratch for the IceHogs too? Jeez. They need to trade a prospect at defense pretty badly.

I'd rank them in order to keep:
Pokka
Johns
Clendening
Dahlbeck
Fournier
Svedberg
Brennan
Cumiskey

Maybe Dahlbeck for a 3rd+5th or something, I donno, not really anyone to bury in the ECHL on that list.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Why do you rank Brennan that low? He was AHL's topscoring defenseman last year wasn't he?

For a ppg defenseman to be a trade throw in and clear waivers multiple times, I can only conclude that he must be atrocious defensively.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Why do you rank Brennan that low? He was AHL's topscoring defenseman last year wasn't he?

Chris Block and one of the beat writers have basically come out and said that Brennan has no future with the Hawks. I guess he is pretty terrible defensively.

I don't even know who you deal, though.
RHD future lineup depth chart:
Seabrook
TVR
Pokka
Johns
Rundblad

LHD:
Keith
Hjalmarsson
Clendening
Dahlbeck
Svedberg
Brennan
Cumiskey
-----------------------------
Just way too many guys. Gets even more out of control if they resign Oduya.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Brennan, Cumiskey, Pokka, Clendening, Johns, Svedberg, Dahlbeck, Fournier

Is Cumiskey now a healthy scratch for the IceHogs too? Jeez. They need to trade a prospect at defense pretty badly.

I'd rank them in order to keep:
Pokka
Johns
Clendening
Dahlbeck
Fournier
Svedberg
Brennan
Cumiskey

Maybe Dahlbeck for a 3rd+5th or something, I donno, not really anyone to bury in the ECHL on that list.
Cumsikey will play for the Hogs if he clears. I imagine Svedberg would be a healthy scratch.

Send Fournier to the ECHL.

Brennen Johns
Clendening Dahlbeck
Pokka Cumiskey
Svedberg

Moonshiner

Oct 19, 2009
Cumsikey will play for the Hogs if he clears. I imagine Svedberg would be a healthy scratch.

Send Fournier to the ECHL.

Brennen Johns
Clendening Dahlbeck
Pokka Cumiskey
Svedberg

What about Miskovic?
He plays while Pokka and Fournier sit (Pokka is injured though)

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
He has no future with the Hawks, so why play him? Pokka will not be sitting when healthy, I will guarantee that.

I hope you are right but he is one of the least experienced on a deep roster. Coaches tend to go with experience on defense.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I don't believe they will scratch Sved. He did just score a goal for them. I think he is good down there. Would be upset if they scratched him

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't believe they will scratch Sved. He did just score a goal for them. I think he is good down there. Would be upset if they scratched him

And a good case can be made for a bunch of these guys. Stan surely is calling around in an attempt to conjure up a deal to make room on RFD defense for the prospects Hawks covet.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What would make you think that is not the case?

Just recently Stan commented about the system in RFD mirroring the same in Chicago. It only makes sense.... just that many of us are not sure of the quality of the coaching down there. With Leighton there, there should be no excuses to not making the PO's (yet again) this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad