Waived: Cumiskey

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Ted Dent's always made a big thing about being as much in sync with the Hawks as possible. Practice schedules are synced, he supposedly attempts to mirror their neutral and defensive zone schemes, and the Hawks have a lot of control over who gets to play which forward positions. The Hawks wanted Jimmy Hayes to be a center for a while, and that's precisely where Dent played him until he was told otherwise.

Not saying he doesn't want to win, but I think he believes the best way to win is to try and do as the Hawks tell him to do. With the Hawks adding a lot of NHL tweener talent to the Rockford roster this year, I really get the sense that they want playoffs or bust.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You have anything to back that up? Not being confrontational, genuinely curious.

I have seen quite a few interviews of Dent saying the Hawks generally tell him what roles they want certain guys to play, who they want playing big minutes and they want them playing the same type of system the Hawks play so they can fit in easier when called upon.

I'm sure Dent controls certain things shift to shift or game to game, but for the most part Hawks management wants guys playing roles that they see them playing in the NHL.

If I had time I would find a particular interview from the Hogs preseason this year, I believe it's on their website and YouTube.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
RFD is our development Team. They do what the Hawks tell them to do. Wolves are the complete difference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad