Cullen to join pens in a development role

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Awesome. It'll be nice still having him around the players. Dude was loved in that locker room.

Reactions: Trade

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Could be a financial decision as Pittsburgh is cheaper to live in by about 20%.

Man had estimated career earnings of 35m. Can't rule it out entirely I guess, but that sort of money shouldn't be playing into his decision.

Will be curious to see whether his whole family's in Pittsburgh, just him, or whether he's pulling a Gonchar. I remember they put the kids into schools last year, maybe they've been planning on settling in Pittsburgh for a while. Although that's just guessing.

Reactions: Riptide

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is great. Happy to have him in the org still. This is where he should have been last year.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I sincerely hope his beloved wife was consulted beforehand, because this goes against everything we heard a couple years back. lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is great. Happy to have him in the org still. This is where he should have been last year.
I'd rather have Cullen in the organIzation than Recchi regardless of their specific job titles at this time. Recchi was obviously a very good player, but I've been far less impressed with him in his other duties here.

Reactions: Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Fist-Pump.gif

In this hyper-partisan world, it's nice to get a bit of news that everyone can agree on. And if anyone doesn't agree that Cullen joining the team in a player development capacity is great news, I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

Every fan should want players on their team to learn from Cullen about work habits and becoming both better players and people.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Great...but he really needs to replace Recchi more than anything....

I'm no fan of Recchi, but I'd rather have Recchi with the team and Cullen learning as a coach than pitching him in (and not getting a fresh voice in the room anyway).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad