CSKA Moscow goals against.

Employee427

Jan 6, 2019
Hi,

I am a sports bettor and recently been going through games to bet on and when looking at KHL, realized there are ultra high odds to bet on teams scoring against CSKA Moscow which made me analyse that a little bit more. CSKA Moscow average 1.12 goals against/game and got scored on 3 times in last 8 games (!!!!!), which is something even a football team might be proud of.

I had even watched first period of recent match against Magnitogorsk and was a little bit dissapointed, it seemed like a chess match with few scoring chances/shots on goal.

So I´ve got a question for anyone who watches KHL/CSKA more regurarly.. do you think this is sustainable long term? Do you like to watch these kind of matches? What is the reason for this ridiculously low goals against for CSKA... coach, players, ultra hot goalie?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I adore hockey yet my hockey IQ is below sea level so I can't explain the reasons of CSKA's tough defense. However, as a guy who has worked as a professional betting analyst for over 6 years, I believe this kind of runs are not sustainable in the long run. Hockey is a fast-paced game and while CSKA are masters of the defense, being "that good" in the long run is pretty impossible. Personally, I don't prefer basing my bets on trends and runs since CSKA could concede two goals in a minute. That's unlikely but possible. Betting companies are not idiots. Their odds are based on probability and almost always on their side. So I'm willing to go for more risky plays with bigger returns rather than wishing that CSKA don't concede.

As for whether I love watching these kind of games, HELL YES. This goes for basketball and football as well. I love tactical and physical aspects of the game and "economical wins", so to speak, like 1-0 or 2-0. To me, defense is a more stable aspect of the game. If you work hard on it and employ an effective system, you can almost always rely on your good defense. However, there is an element of luck with firepower; so you can't ride on the back of your forwards all the time. I don't like seeing mistakes, flukes, easy shots etc. even if it means a more exciting game. I love careful and systematic defending with all areas covered, barely giving the opponent any chance to shoot, let alone score. Good defense requires a lot of concentration and high quality skills. Therefore, with games featuring good defense, I never get bored, because I know it is a good and well-fought game. I wanna see tears, blood and hear the shattering of bones in a good competitive game, hence the monstrous defense.

Reactions: smitty10

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
CSKA is steady under 3,5 goals when it comes to betting odds. Their style is based on puck control and solid defense which doesn't often result to high scoring games, although they've won 0-7 in Bratislava against Slovan for example. (Admittedly Slovan is as bad as their current league standing indicates).

What CSKA does works well against lesser teams, but more skilled the opponent is, the more likely it is that decisive goal(s) go the other way - as an example they've lost recently twice against Jaroslavl in low scoring game (1-0 and 2-1). I don't think that CSKA's style can work through entire playoffs, which is why I rank SKA as Gagarin Cup favorite.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
CSKA is steady under 3,5 goals when it comes to betting odds. Their style is based on puck control and solid defense which doesn't often result to high scoring games, although they've won 0-7 in Bratislava against Slovan for example. (Admittedly Slovan is as bad as their current league standing indicates).

What CSKA does works well against lesser teams, but more skilled the opponent is, the more likely it is that decisive goal(s) go the other way - as an example they've lost recently twice against Jaroslavl in low scoring game (1-0 and 2-1). I don't think that CSKA's style can work through entire playoffs, which is why I rank SKA as Gagarin Cup favorite.
I disagree, SKA is too soft to beat CSKA and AkBars...of course it's possible though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad