Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I have had a ton of success following a few rules with Crypto, After doing it for years now.
(This is not financial Advice, I am not a Financial Advisor, Trade at your own risk)

Here is what "I" Do. (Once Again, Trade at your own risk)

My Rules:
#1 - ETH / BTC is king - 50% of my Profile is between these two coins, This will never change, It's static, Safe, And pretty reliable overall.
#2 - Exchange Coins - CRO, BNB, KCS - These 3 are my Bread and Butter.
As Exchanges continue to grow, Learn new technology, and more people use them, These Coins are pretty steady for yearly growth, I usually put 25% of my Profile on those.
#3 - Established Layer Coins - Anything like SOL, AVAX, ADA, LINK - Smart Contract + Development with Future sustainability is what is mostly what I am looking for here.
Usually about 15% of my Portfolio goes into these.
#4 - Trending Coins - Meme, NFT, Metaverse, etc. - ENJ, Mana, Sand, Gala, Floki-Inu, Shiba, etc.
I Basically put in 10% of my portfolio for massive boom/bust potential.

And that's basically what I do, It's not a perfect formula for Insane gains or anything, But it's worked for me.

Crypto honestly is a ton of fun if done correctly.

This sounds like an plan for someone who is spending a lot of money on crypto, and by a lot I'm talking about at least the 5 digit category. If it's anything less than that and your end game is to get "rich", then gambling on new coins is your only chance.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This sounds like an plan for someone who is spending a lot of money on crypto, and by a lot I'm talking about at least the 5 digit category. If it's anything less than that and your end game is to get "rich", then gambling on new coins is your only chance.

Depends on how you wanna build a portfolio.
I know people who started with 3 Digits and are now in the 5 Digits.
I also know a few who have started heavy and now slowed down.
Crypto is a very volatile market, Invest with caution
While i won’t disclose what I put in, I can Tell you it’s not even close to 5 Digits.
At the end of the day, Stocks, Crypto, Can be a ton of fun if done patiently.
I just wish everybody well with their investing journey
Happy trading guys

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Depends on how you wanna build a portfolio.
I know people who started with 3 Digits and are now in the 5 Digits.
I also know a few who have started heavy and now slowed down.
Crypto is a very volatile market, Invest with caution
While i won’t disclose what I put in, I can Tell you it’s not even close to 5 Digits.
At the end of the day, Stocks, Crypto, Can be a ton of fun if done patiently.
I just wish everybody well with their investing journey
Happy trading guys

I'm one of those that hit 5 digits with 3 digits investment and that happened like two weeks ago on some random unknown coin. That's my point though, your odds of hitting a 5 digits profit with a 3 digit investment on Bitcoin, Ethereum, or whatever popular coin out there is slim to none.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm one of those that hit 5 digits with 3 digits investment and that happened like two weeks ago on some random unknown coin. That's my point though, your odds of hitting a 5 digits profit with a 3 digit investment on Bitcoin, Ethereum, or whatever popular coin out there is slim to none.

I wonder how many people lost money they didn’t really have by dumping it into SHIB. It’s the thing I hate most about investing in cryptocurrencies. I actually made money on that stupid coin but I’ve also screwed up enough to now know when to take your profits and walk. Lots of people don’t know that yet or ever.

Am I misremembering or did Coinbase only recently add these “penny stock” coins to their marketplace? I thought they were originally really against that. Personally I think it encourages reckless investing and the vast majority of North Americans are laughably far away from a sound understand of investing, let alone what the cryptos they invest in actually do.

The profits I made from SHIB and DOGE I would’ve much rather have made from Cardano or Algorand. But those aren’t the sexy moving coins. Instead they hover around $1.80-$3.20. They’re not fast money. Which is fine, I like what they’re about and don’t mind a longterm investment, but IMHO the oscillation of the price in the stagnant range it’s been in makes it very tempting to chase those fast coins instead. Unless you got in early enough of course.

I don’t like these fast coins at all. Investing apps have made this so easy to do now and I don’t think most people are smart enough to handle it with the caution and research that’s necessary.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wonder how many people lost money they didn’t really have by dumping it into SHIB. It’s the thing I hate most about investing in cryptocurrencies. I actually made money on that stupid coin but I’ve also screwed up enough to now know when to take your profits and walk. Lots of people don’t know that yet or ever.

Am I misremembering or did Coinbase only recently add these “penny stock” coins to their marketplace? I thought they were originally really against that. Personally I think it encourages reckless investing and the vast majority of North Americans are laughably far away from a sound understand of investing, let alone what the cryptos they invest in actually do.

The profits I made from SHIB and DOGE I would’ve much rather have made from Cardano or Algorand. But those aren’t the sexy moving coins. Instead they hover around $1.80-$3.20. They’re not fast money. Which is fine, I like what they’re about and don’t mind a longterm investment, but IMHO the oscillation of the price in the stagnant range it’s been in makes it very tempting to chase those fast coins instead. Unless you got in early enough of course.

I don’t like these fast coins at all. Investing apps have made this so easy to do now and I don’t think most people are smart enough to handle it with the caution and research that’s necessary.
Utily is always the argument.
Doge for example is a meme coin with little utility.
Shib improved on doge, and has more utility.
Floki is the new shib that has more utility than both, and so the pattern continues.
Thats Mostly how meme coins try to fight each other.
I call them “trending coins”

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just started investing the other day.

I heard crypto.com bought the rights to Staples Arena and invested some with their coin.

Basically been going up since.

I'm not super heavy into it like some of you are, but I've got my foot in the door and might make a little extra to put towards something else in the future, or hold.

Could all just be a buy now because of that hype and then it becomes worthless.

Reactions: Canucks LB

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

At this point SHIB is a top coin listed everywhere and investing in it is no different than investing in Bitcoin. That's the reality of cryptocurrency, some people rave about the tech, but 99% of people are in it to make money. So whether the coin has a legit team and a product behind it or not makes little difference to these people, it's all about hype. The major problem is once a coin is hyped you're too late to hit it big, and from that point jumping in on that rising ship is super risky. This is why I refuse to put money into a coin going up fast, because you never know when the drop off is going to be and there are a lot of whales capable of destroying the price and making a lot of ppl lose.

If we're talking about risking it to hit a big one, you need to be on new coins before they hit Coinbase, Binance, Crypto.com, etc. In other words you need to go on a DEX like Uniswap, Pancakeswap, Tinyman (I recommend this one because it's cheapest by far), etc and gamble with money you can afford to lose there. That last part if important, because most new coins are scammers trying to pull rugs.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
At this point SHIB is a top coin listed everywhere and investing in it is no different than investing in Bitcoin. That's the reality of cryptocurrency, some people rave about the tech, but 99% of people are in it to make money. So whether the coin has a legit team and a product behind it or not makes little difference to these people, it's all about hype. The major problem is once a coin is hyped you're too late to hit it big, and from that point jumping in on that rising ship is super risky. This is why I refuse to put money into a coin going up fast, because you never know when the drop off is going to be and there are a lot of whales capable of destroying the price and making a lot of ppl lose.

If we're talking about risking it to hit a big one, you need to be on new coins before they hit Coinbase, Binance, Crypto.com, etc. In other words you need to go on a DEX like Uniswap, Pancakeswap, Tinyman (I recommend this one because it's cheapest by far), etc and gamble with money you can afford to lose there. That last part if important, because most new coins are scammers trying to pull rugs.

Can you just sign up for those websites, or do you an invite?

How does it work ? Do you get a notification stating a new coin us about to be released ?

From my limited experience it seems you can get small gains quickly from getting in on coins before they hit most of the apps.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Can you just sign up for those websites, or do you an invite?

How does it work ? Do you get a notification stating a new coin us about to be released ?

From my limited experience it seems you can get small gains quickly from getting in on coins before they hit most of the apps.

I guess surfing subreddits and keeping an eye on the rising coins on those decentralized exchanges is the only way. But even then pls be careful because you're gambling, so I don't recommend throwing serious money at this.

There are a lot of decentralized exchanges out there and each one runs on a specific network. For example Uniswap runs on the Ethereum blockchain, so if you want to invest on ERC20 tokens, go there. ERC20 tokens are the most popular and supported out there but the Ethereum network has ridiculous fees and it's becoming somewhat outdated (Ethereum 2.0 is supposed to improve this when it's released). If you want a cheaper and somewhat popular option, there's also PancakeSwap, which runs on the Binance network. Both of these support the Metamask wallet, so look for online tutorials on how to set it up and use it on these exchanges.

There are a lot of other options but the two I mentioned are probably the most popular right now. I personally use Tinyman, which runs on the Algorand blockchain. The benefits of that is Algoblockchain is by far the cheapest and most efficient I have used. On the downside ASAs (Algorand Standard Assets) are not that popular right now, so not may big centralized exchanges support them. But I think this will change in the future since Algo is awesome, and this may be an opportunity to get on early on some of those Algorand tokens such as Yieldly, Opulous, Smile, etc. If you decide to use this, you need a MyAlgo or other compatible wallets since Metamask does not support Algoblockchain as far as I know.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I guess surfing subreddits and keeping an eye on the rising coins on those decentralized exchanges is the only way. But even then pls be careful because you're gambling, so I don't recommend throwing serious money at this.

There are a lot of decentralized exchanges out there and each one runs on a specific network. For example Uniswap runs on the Ethereum blockchain, so if you want to invest on ERC20 tokens, go there. ERC20 tokens are the most popular and supported out there but the Ethereum network has ridiculous fees and it's becoming somewhat outdated (Ethereum 2.0 is supposed to improve this when it's released). If you want a cheaper and somewhat popular option, there's also PancakeSwap, which runs on the Binance network. Both of these support the Metamask wallet, so look for online tutorials on how to set it up and use it on these exchanges.

There are a lot of other options but the two I mentioned are probably the most popular right now. I personally use Tinyman, which runs on the Algorand blockchain. The benefits of that is Algoblockchain is by far the cheapest and most efficient I have used. On the downside ASAs (Algorand Standard Assets) are not that popular right now, so not may big centralized exchanges support them. But I think this will change in the future since Algo is awesome, and this may be an opportunity to get on early on some of those Algorand tokens such as Yieldly, Opulous, Smile, etc. If you decide to use this, you need a MyAlgo or other compatible wallets since Metamask does not support Algoblockchain as far as I know.

Thanks for the input and explanation.

I'm basically throwing into these what I would be pissed if I lost in the streets, but wouldn't lose sleep over.

I'm debating about taking hockey cards I have that aren't from my main collection, but have value, selling them and reinvesting that money into crypto/stocks. This would be more money if lost, but it basically amounts to the money I'm already putting in, but I've had these cards for a few years and their value has gone up.

I'd likely go most into bitcoin, fairly stable with a chance to still go up.

Throw a little more onto shiba as my lotto crypto essentially.

Then it would be hard to choose from Cardano, Etherium, XRP, Ankr(for me this is another low cost, potential to go up, even if it only makes me a couple hundred can reinvest that somewhere else. ) and crypto.com coin. With them buying the Staples centre naming rights, or the centee itself I forget and advertising with the NHL this might be something thar can take off if they can get with the MLB, or NBA.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Just started investing the other day.

I heard crypto.com bought the rights to Staples Arena and invested some with their coin.

Basically been going up since.

I'm not super heavy into it like some of you are, but I've got my foot in the door and might make a little extra to put towards something else in the future, or hold.

Could all just be a buy now because of that hype and then it becomes worthless.
It's a great time to get into crypto right now imo, as prices are way down... I've been stocking up on CRO as well

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
271595957_141084678339127_612085018627083764_n.jpg

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Not a good look for sure. Luna was considered by many to be a "legit" project, just goes to show you that "legit" projects does not mean a safe investments.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Not a good look for sure. Luna was considered by many to be a "legit" project, just goes to show you that "legit" projects does not mean a safe investments.

As a non Luna investor it is a perfectly good time right now to throw in for fun and see if it rebounds at all. i dont think i would go in heavy on it but just throw something down for fun. I cant see it rebounding to well or if at all.

Last edited:

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
As a non Luna investor it is a perfectly good time right now to throw in for fun and see if it rebounds at all. i dont think i would go in heavy on it but just throw something down for fun. I cant see it rebounding to well or if at all.

When Luna was at its height, it had like between 300-400 million in circulation. But they had a flawed system where more can be minted, so as of today, there are almost 7 trillion in circulation. This is like 50+ times more than Dogecoin's circulation, which is insane.

I would be utterly shocked if Luna rebounds, and it's almost safe to say that it's dead. Even if they have a solution to fix this, I can't imagine anyone wanting to work or invest in Do Kwon. You're better off throwing your money at other cryptos that got hurt in the market crash rather than this thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad