Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Dollar cost average on Bitcoin.

Might go further down if the next EFT decisions get delayed again.

Btw this could go all the way to Feb 2019.

I'm going to build up cash to start buying if it hits below $6k USD.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Dollar cost average on Bitcoin.

Might go further down if the next EFT decisions get delayed again.

Btw this could go all the way to Feb 2019.

I'm going to build up cash to start buying if it hits below $6k USD.
I think it turns around early Fall. I'd be pretty shocked if this continued till Feb but who knows.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think it turns around early Fall. I'd be pretty shocked if this continued till Feb but who knows.

I believe the SEC has until Feb 2019 to make a decision on the ETFs. We already saw what happened when a decision got delayed. If there's another delay in September Bitcoin will probably dump again.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This s*** is getting ugly....

... As much as I've lost, I kinda wanna buy into ETH if it drops below $300, lol.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I believe the SEC has until Feb 2019 to make a decision on the ETFs. We already saw what happened when a decision got delayed. If there's another delay in September Bitcoin will probably dump again.
The possibility of getting an ETF delayed can't be a main reason for the fall I think it's been way overstated everywhere. All it is is the possibility of a good thing happening to bitcoin, if it doesn't happen then it's fine because nothing changes, if it had any affect on price it would theoretically be up because it's the chance of something positive occurring. Bitcoin went up too fast and now it has to come down fast, it could be done falling or there may be more months of this.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The possibility of getting an ETF delayed can't be a main reason for the fall I think it's been way overstated everywhere. All it is is the possibility of a good thing happening to bitcoin, if it doesn't happen then it's fine because nothing changes, if it had any affect on price it would theoretically be up because it's the chance of something positive occurring. Bitcoin went up too fast and now it has to come down fast, it could be done falling or there may be more months of this.

Well the trend has always been downwards but once the ETF decision was delayed Bitcoin dropped quite a bit. The ETF decision is big because it would give the perception of Bitcoin being a legitimate asset to invest in.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
@What the Faulk @The Crypto Guy + anyone else...

You should be seeing a new token in your counterparty wallet in the next day or two (if you haven't already). They (NVO) are doing an airdrop test as they are going to be holding a refund vote very soon. This is going to be a test vote to make sure everything goes smoothly. The preliminary vote on refund was nearly 85% in favor of one so I have a hard time believing we won't see the same results.

Reactions: What the Faulk

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Man ETH is taking a beating. Still well above what I entered at but I am starting to regret putting a bit in my cold storage.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
05onfire1_xp-facebookJumbo.jpg

void

Jan 5, 2006
This eth dump was expected. ICOs that raised with ethereum in the last year are cashing out due to the state of the market. It's going to get ugly now that the $300 support broke. My strategy for this bear market has been alternating between btc and tether and flipping some alts along the way with a smaller portion of my stack. Has really helped minimize the damage, at least so far.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This eth dump was expected. ICOs that raised with ethereum in the last year are cashing out due to the state of the market. It's going to get ugly now that the $300 support broke. My strategy for this bear market has been alternating between btc and tether and flipping some alts along the way with a smaller portion of my stack. Has really helped minimize the damage, at least so far.
I'm pretty happy that most of those scam and dump ICOs are cashing out. Sooner we get rid of the scams and useless companies the better.

Probably even going to buy more when it hits sub 200.

Reactions: Emily

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm pretty happy that most of those scam and dump ICOs are cashing out. Sooner we get rid of the scams and useless companies the better.

Probably even going to buy more when it hits sub 200.
I don't know. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have concerns.

I'm just hoping that NVO gets the refund done before the BTC bottom falls out. Could be the difference between 80c - $1 per and 50 - 60c per.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Wasn't expecting ETH to plummet this far. Surely a rebound tomorrow?

Not if BTC doesn't go back over $6k in the next few hours. If it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see btc go down to $5.5k and eth under $200.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Christ. This is a total bloodbath.

ETH isn't the only one down. Seems Bitcoin is the only coin that's not completely tanking.

... Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but the greedy side of me wants to dump a couple grand in ETH when it bottoms out. The question is, where's the bottom?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
HUGE news in the Ethereum world, Vitalik posted a tweetstorm yesterday:

Thread by @VitalikButerin: "1. Today I am going to make a tweet storm explaining the history and state of Ethereum's Casper research, including the FFG vs CBC wars, the […]"

It's a long read but basically they have solved Proof of Stake and it should be rolling out in a matter of weeks and not months, project is more along then people thought.

Great example of the barrier to entry. What a gongshow.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What is the gongshow?

That it's difficult for startup companies to get any traction because of how difficult the technology is? Honest question because I don't know what part your referring to.

Getting into crypto at this stage is very difficult because of how it works.

I remain skeptical about it's mass appeal for that reason.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
@What the Faulk @The Crypto Guy

Refund vote. Will last two weeks (started on the 15th) or they will stop once at least 70% of people have voted. As of right now, the amount of people who want a refund is nearly 3x of those that do not. Barring something crazy happening in the voting, we will see a refund fairly soon.

Important to note that you ONLY SEND NVSTVOTING to which ever address you want to vote for, not your NVST.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad